here i am

by notalone 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• notalone
    notalone

Wow, I mean wow. I am humbled and grateful for all of you. When I finally decided to post I had a lot of anxiety, in fact I didn't even tell my family until it was up. Yesterday when we got home and I pulled up this site I didn't know what to expect- this was not it. I read out every post to my family. We were profoundly touched. As my daughter said “ We were always told 'witnesses are the nicest people in the world' but it turns out it's ex-witnesses.” To all of you who in your kindness have reached out , Thank You!

Now there have been some questions that I want to address so I will do my best while trying to not give out information that would compromise anything.

1, As to how many in my family have left. None of my husband's or my siblings are associating any longer or are ever going to return. My mother has left. We also have some other relatives who on there own have followed the same course. This would be three generations that are spread out.

2.As to the perpetrator, a legal course was taken to protect many for a very long time. He also has another pending case as well as is a person of interest in another incident. My daughter will never see him again.

3.As to my daughter, we continue to get the help she needs. She is now surrounded by people who have shown the value and support her no matter what and that goes a long way.

4.As to the questions regarding 'the revoking of our implied invitation'. There was not public display. There was no vandalism. In fact the only ones who were involved was the perpetrator and the elder who was violating the restraining order. The police were called. This was near the hall but did not occur on the property. There was no meeting at the time. The elder told us directly that he “was not under man's law.”

5.As to the elders harassing us., due to the nature of a now in effect court order and their previous actions they are not to contact us or seek information about us.

6.love cuddly atheists!

7.JW daughter- I will always have room for another sister.

I am sorry I didn't get back sooner we had a little trouble with the internet and I am NOT computer savvy.

I welcome any private messages and I am very experienced with helping those with suicidal thoughts and mental health problems ( though not a professional. I have contributed to a book on bi-polar) . Once again thank you.

• nakanozzi
    nakanozzi

Thank you very much for your Great Story.

I translated it to Japanese and posted on my blog.

my blog

There are 133 UPVOTES in just two days.

Thanks again.

• notalone
    notalone

okay, now you have totally blown my mind.I am just one of so, so many. Those who are leaving and facing family opposition, those who will truly be alone, those who gave up having a family for the 'good news' ,those are the stories that have far more value. These stories are each and every one a story that is continuing. From my heart to each of you, those who post and those who lurk and those who may just be looking for the first time, you are valuable and your story important, even if no one ever hears it. I want you to know deep down YOU are important.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Notalone, welcome and thank you for sharing your story. I read it to my mother, who is on her way out if not out already. This is something I have predicted all along. How can an organization survive if molestors and predators are allowed the benefit of the doubt while the victims continue to be victimized? They are stumbling whole families. As a consequence, whole families will leave. They seem to be ignoring the following scriptures, which will be to their detriment in the end:

Because sentence against a bad work has not been executed speedily, that is why the heart of the sons of men has become fully set in them to do bad (Eccl. 8:11).

Then he said to his disciples, It is unavoidable that causes for stumbling should come. Nevertheless, woe to the one through whom they come!

2 It would be of more advantage to him if a millstone were suspended from his neck and he were thrown into the sea than for him to stumble one of these little ones (Luk. 17:1, 2).

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

your story really touches my heart. I'm so happy that things have worked out relatively well for you. I have bipolar disorder and when I first started to find out about the truth behind everything I went nuts for a while and it was really hard. I was hospitalized for a few days because of it, but I recovered. That was in 2013. And now mentally I'm doing better than I have been in the last several years for sure. I really think that a lot of the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses are not healthy as was demonstrated during the ARC. I also think the elders have way too much power in the congregation to be healthy for the people in it. And sisters are not giving enough respect. This is just to name a few things that in the past few years that I have really noticed.

• freddo
    freddo

Wonderful wonderful news! Best wishes to all of your family from me in the United Kingdom.

• Fernando
    Fernando

A belated warm welcome to you notalone.

Thank you for sharing your story and congratulations for standing up for your daughter when the "trustworthy" ruling religious clergy class proved how deeply cowardly they are.

Our family's awakening process also started with cover-ups.

Greetings and blessings

Fernando

(A SBNR - Spiritual But Not Religious believer, Queensland, Australia)

• clarity
    clarity

Coming to the site kind of late...sorry I missed your wonderful news that you all escaped. The disgusting works of the watchtower is maddening. Sorry for all this bad stuff and good for you, protecting our children is what a good person does...Christian or otherwise!

Notalone and family welcome to your freedom!

Wishing you bright sunny days ahead.

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit