here i am

by notalone 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Listener
    Listener

Notalone, it is a shocking way to find out how wrong this religion is and I hope your daughter is doing well. I am glad that it did not destroy your faith.

Protecting the image of the organization goes before everything else, even the care of the young ones and they have misapplied scripture for their own means.

Being told to keep quiet about the matter and threatening you is not excusable.

Matthew 18:17 But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, regard him as you would a pagan or a tax collector
    Boroean Pickets is a great site and they reason on matters reasonably and with sincerity.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome. I am so sorry you had to find out the truth about the truth in such a painful way, but glad you were able to see through the lies and find your way to freedom, especially since you were able to get your whole family out as well.

Welcome also to your new life, I hope you enjoy every minute of your newfound freedoms.

Lisa🌹

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Welcome to the forum.

I am so sorry to hear about your child's ordeal. Certainly, she is very well supported by her family, so should feel protected from further abuse.

At one time I would not have believed that the WTS would not immediately, upon evidence, have taken action against this person. Instead, they vilify those who dare "disturb" the congregation, and protect the perpetrator of abuse.

I hope this person is given punishment by the authorities that he deserves.

• millie210
    millie210

Hi and a warm welcome to you.

Im so sorry for what you all have been subjected to but am really glad you are here.

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

A big warm welcome to the forum.

So sorry for your sad experience, it's terrible reading about the effects of an organization only interested in itself.

It's disgusting that the organization allows men with no training whatsoever handle cases of child abuse.

I hope your family are recovering, it's a joy to hear that you've all got free from this harmful cult.

All the best.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am so proud of your daughter for speaking up! I am so proud of you for sticking up for her. I am so proud of your entire family for standing behind each other and doing the right thing even though it is darn hard to do so.

If you ever want to adopt a 50 year old, I need a family like that!

Edited to say: WELCOME!!!!

• jaydee
    jaydee

Welcome aboard.

Image result for hello emoji

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Was the scum bag that attacked your daughter and elder? Did this happen in the USA? Welcome and sorry you have had to go through this!

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

I'm so sorry for all that you've been through and the lack of human compassion and support that your received from the elders. I would not be surprised AT ALL if there are some very senior members of the WTS on this list that they are so anxious to conceal, from the top down it is otherwise inexplicable how unwilling they are to protect the victim, in cases like this even seeming to prefer to support the perpetrator and to demonize the victim and their family.

• zeb
    zeb

"The cult has had a hold on my family since Russell but now we have all left."

Wow! and again!

How I would love to see every jw sit through the ARC to hear the evidence given and see the elders and the gb member in the stand.

As others have said here now go forth and have a productive, reasoning, loving peaceful life. There can be none better than that and if you wish revenge more so.

Please don't burden your self with your many wounds yet to heal by trying to now convince other family members with lengthy argument because you will add to your distresses and they will not be convinced. Step out into your new life with all its sadness and wonder and walk tall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit