here i am

by notalone 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Half banana
    Half banana

You are very welcome here notalone. I do hope that your daughter recovers from her trauma and with your genuine care becomes a confident adult.

Glad you all woke up...that is wonderful! You are now all on the road to recovery and back to the sane world of normal people. Take the leisurely path, it takes a while to normalise and get your individuality back.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Welcome to the forum...........and to the rest of your 'cult free' life. Best wishes to you and your family as you travel the road ahead.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Sorry to hear about this and welcome.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

A sincere Welcome to you!

This is a wonderfully supportive and helpful community. Yes, there are some differing views on certain topics, but be assured that on the important issues regarding our history and background in the organization, we are all united.

Take care of your health and your frame of mind. Do not allow the congregation elders any power over you, nor allow others to dictate how you feel.

Keep your dignity and composure. You are in control of your life choices...not some society!

I loved your comment:

"This was last summer then I found ARC. I sat there screaming at the computer."

I know that for many of us, we did the same thing! The lies, ducking and weaving of the society representatives was disgusting!

All the best!

• stillin
    stillin

Not alone, no, you are not alone. You have been brave against the odds! Please take comfort in knowing that you are moving in a positive direction.

We had molestation in our family, too. My daughter. The elders felt that I did not need to know because I might kill somebody. That was years ago and the guy is dead. (I didn't kill him! Honest!)

how inadequate the elders have been in these cases. Sad.

• bohm
    bohm

Hi and welcome. I am glad you put your family first and got your daughter out, being forced to go to the hall with her perp and being gaslighted by the elders must be the worst environment to heal. I hope you will post more of your story on how you freed the rest of your family, it sounds truly fascinating.

"This was last summer then I found ARC. I sat there screaming at the computer."

you deserve a prize for not putting your fist through the screen!.

• dothemath
    dothemath

Can't imagine what you've been through. It seems so "unchristian" for the congregation to treat you that way.

Congratulations on your whole family leaving, and yet still holding onto your faith.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Incredible. I can't imagine the awful things you've suffered if even your anointed ( I assume elderly) mother left too. Revoke your " implied invitation"?!!! As I'm sure you are now aware that is purely a legal, not theocratic, term....used for such incidents as visitors who vandalize, steal from or are violent/ abusive toward congregants...not used against long term Christian families whose children have been sexually abused!!!

Its funny how keeping the congregation " clean" is invoked to maintain image rarther than protect children!! Why is that? To my mind the maini reason is that the society, unlike Christ, cares only for adult males...and the individual is worth less than nothing, cult leaders are everything. Even happening to committed famallies like yourselves.

I am so sorry your poor daughter had to go through this...but so very glad you have remained united as a family. Welcome😀

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Welcome to the forum, and screw those people. You are free, with the exception of the damage done by the predator and those that enabled him/her. Get help, live free, and love other people.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome notalone ,you may find " jwfacts" helpful also

I look forward to hearing more of your story.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit