here i am

by notalone 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• notalone
    notalone

Okay, I am actually doing this. I was a 4th gen born in. My adult children were the 5th. My mother was one of the newly'anointed' We have all left. I have been lurking since October.I was really too terrified someone would find out who I was and what would happen.Well we are out now so here is a part of my story. PLEASE, I am still a person of faith so please don't attack this in the responses.I accept those who are atheists, agnostic,Muslim,Jew,Mormon, Hindu Buddhist and evangelicals .

It all started when my daughter came forward with an accusation of molestation within the congregation.First, we went to a specialized therapist and gave a vague warning to all the parents in the congregation. When she was ready we went to the police. Then we went to the elders. I am a strong willed person who reads and researches everything. I NEVER just accept what I am told. Though we were told we were believed., nothing was done. At every step they would say well if we just had such and such then we could do something. So we brought medical records, other victims, eyewitnesses at a hotel with another minor, sexual paraphernalia.Then they told us we had to sit in the hall with this person,and we could tell no one.They started horrible false rumors. Then we received death threats from the perpetrator. We went to the police. We got a restraining order. The elders did not follow it and in fact helped the perpetrator violate it. This was reported to the police. We were told if we continued with this legal case our" implied invitation to attend the hall would be revoked".I had never herd of such a thing. I looked through all the literature- nothing. I asked for the articles concerning 'revoked invitation'- nothing. Here was when things changed. I did the unspeakable and looked up this term on the internet. I was still scared so was very careful. I had also began looking up news articles about jw's. This was last summer then I found ARC. I sat there screaming at the computer. I had thought everything was local, now my universe collapsed. It was everywhere. What was happening to my family was carefully directed by the org. I started to research everything. I came to this site. I started to join but chickened out but, I did keep reading. every book, elders letter, experience .Through this site I found Beorean Pickets. This was helpful. Through all this painful process we have managed to come out as a complete family including my anointed mother. The cult has had a hold on my family since Russell but now we have all left.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    managed to come out as a complete family including my anointed mother. The cult has had a hold on my family since Russell but now we have all left.

Wow! All out! Wow!

I wish all my family would leave; I still have hope. It's becoming ever more obvious that JWdom is not what we once thought it was. My family members are fairly level-headed and intelligent, so, as I said, I maintain some hope.

Busy now, but I'm going to send you a PM when I get some time, so watch out for it.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Welcome,

I am sorry about your daughter. I am glad that now that you are free, you will be able to deal with it in the best manner possible.

I am also very glad that your family made it out without leaving anyone behind. Just curious, How many of your family left? If you go back to the days of Russell, the potential can be even hundreds, but I suspect is a lot less than that.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Welcome to your mind freedom. Perhaps your mom should send a letter of "resignation" from the 144k team.

• jws
    jws

Welcome here. Many here, as I'm sure you've read know of many other similar experiences. Some here are victims. I hope you can find some comfort among people that have something in common with you.

And I do hope these people can help heal the wounds and that you continue your legal action and put this person behind bars where they belong.

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

OMG! notalone.

Unbelievable. Your whole freakin family. You are not alone notalone. Take comfort from this fact. I hope your daughter is not too traumatised.

Stay strong. It gets easier. Oh, and welcome.

• Stirred
    Stirred

So sorry to hear ablut your daughter. Hope you all receive peace and justice.

For various reasons over last decade or so, all 11 in my family are now out. My immediate family and I were the remaining holdouts and still a bit sticky.

Welcome!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Proud of parents who stick up for their daughter!!!! and doing the right thing because it's the right thing to do.

Welcome to the forum, thank you for posting and so glad your whole family is cult-free!

Marina

• HBH
    HBH

Wow, congratulations.

I hope you get justice for the pedophile. This is a very compelling experience, and could help benefit others and prevent further abuse/injustice.

When the time is rite, consider sharing with balanced exjw activists (you should also email this to the ARC, it WILL help them.)

HBH

• Saename
    Saename

Welcome to the community. We are glad to "have" you. I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

I'm new here, too, actually, so... But I was the only JW in my family. I quit when I did research about the Governing Body. In my case, it was the child sexual abuse issue that I first learned and thus that convinced me. Watching the ARC on YouTube was unbelievable.

But my father turned against the JWs as soon as he heard about JWs discouraging higher education...

Well, anyway, I hope to read from you even more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit