Excellent Conversation At Literature Trolley

by cofty 87 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty
    This brother will probably just return to the Carts soon enough because he was kind to you, and let you go on about your knowledge. - Quarterback

No he wasn't. He started off as arrogant, defensive and dismissive.

We parted on good terms because I persisted until we found common ground.

That is the new approach to the Public Witnessing. Don't argue.

The new approach is to keep pointing at the website logo. Whatever happened to "always ready to give a defense"?

Do you do trolley witnessing Quarterback?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    funny how for all those years we'd have our "Reasoning" book ready,have pre made presentations in how to over come objections when speaking to people from other religions etc, now its just go to our website, I say to them that your website is clearly incomplete with UN membership, child abuse cover-ups, failed doctrines and no older publications seem to be available on it, the "Reasoning" book is well past it now, do they ever use it?
  • jambon1
    jambon1

Got to admit that I find it galling that these people actually get to count their time for standing by a trolley.

It it just seems crazy

I regularly see two carts with sometimes four or six standing beside it.

They call that ministry?

🤔

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jambon1 - "...They call that a ministry?"

Despite what the Org claims, it's not actually about having a ministry.

It's about demonstrating loyalty and obedience to said Org,

x

Things like trolleys make that increasingly easy for hard-core loyalists, whilst increasingly alienating doubters and fence-sitters, thus pushing them closer to leaving.

After all, a million or so staunch True Believers are proobably all the Org will need to get by after they're done downsizing publication, construction, and property holdings, not to mention that that kind of reduced infrastructure probably wouldn't support a 7-8 million membership.

So, it stands to reason they'd want to downsize the rank-and-file, too, and things like this can facilitate that without mass disfellowshipping.

x

Then they could just spin it as a fulfillment of the "love of the greater number cooling off" prophecy, thus cementing their legitimacy in the eyes of the remaining loyalists.

• bohm
    bohm
    Cofty: The new approach is to keep pointing at the website logo. Whatever happened to "always ready to give a defense"?
    Do you do trolley witnessing Quarterback?

Dare I say, you may yourself be engaging in a bit of troll witnessing right now (haw haw haw)

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Yesterday I saw two Witness ladies in front of a supermarket. No trolley, just magazines in their hands, while they were chatting with each other. They were strategically positioned in the blind spot of a water dispensing machine where only a few customers would see them.

Keep up the good work JWs.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Great job, Cofty. I always enjoy your stories.

You should write a book. ;)

He had been attracted into the organisation by the '75 excitement so he had some sympathy. He tried to claim that GB had never said anything definite about '75 but I was able to give him a few quotes from memory.

For anyone wanting '75 quotes and audio clips, read the whole of this thread:

www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/447280003/bbc-interview-about-1975-never-heard-this-before

• steve2
    steve2

JWs are merely fulfilling Bible prophecy:

"By this all will know you are my disciples if you have JW.org. promotions among you" (John 13:35);

"This good news of JW.org will be preached in all the inhibited earth and then the end will come" (Matthew 24:14).

And my all time favorite:

"The nations shall know that we are JW.org" (Ezekile 37.28).

Who'd have thought that deep into the time of the end, the true God Jehovah would be reduced to a single initial, J?

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL @ steve2

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Great experience cofty.

i see the carts on a daily basis but i have never had the courage to say anything to them

im trying to remember which congreagation would have this as their territory cant remember where the boundary between waverley and the other congs was. This is a good sign that i've put my jw past behind me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit