What is happening to the pictures?

by Xanthippe 4 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi Simon, I notice some of mine and Kaik's photographs of our gardens from Bonsai's 'start a butterfly garden' thread are missing and being replaced with little squares with question marks in. They're not pictures taken from the web but our own photos so I'm not sure what's happened there. They've been there a while and used to be fine.

Also I like to look back on Flipper's 'post a picture thread' to see if I've missed anyone and it's starting to happen there too and some of the pictures have been turned upside down, p94, p95, p103. These are both threads that are still in use and keep being added to. Do you you know what's happening please?

• Simon
    Simon

I made some changes to speed up the image loading which will apply to both avatars and in-post images (actually still in progress so isn't fully effective yet).

The non-linked images are not lost but are currently missing an attribute that is affecting the lazy loading though. When I run an update to also switch how the post author avatars load it will correct those.

At that point, the images should start appearing again.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thanks Simon. I appreciate all your work.

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks, once it's all done everything should be a bit zipper.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I've been unable to highlight for a couple of days. There is just a single row of command boxes under "Have your say..." Highlighting and others missing.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit