Still need help with a quote from wt about NGO

by JT 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JT
    JT

looking for a quote from the wt where they condemned 24 churches for becoming NGO

thanks

• onacruse
    onacruse

JT, I just did a search of the WTS 2001 CD, using every combination of "UN," "United Nations," "non-governmental," "NGO" and "churches," and couldn't find a reference. Any idea when they might have made that statement?

Craig

• Valis
    Valis

Maybe he heard it at a convention or something?...I think this might be a good example of JWs getting stuff mixed up and not all of them believing the exact same thing. Just my NSHO...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• sanduleak
    sanduleak

*** w91 6/1 p. 17 Their Refuge—A Lie! ***

A recent book gives an idea when it states: "No less than twenty-four Catholic organizations are represented at the UN. Several of the world’s religious leaders have visited the international organization. Most memorable were the visits of His Holiness Pope Paul VI during the General Assembly in 1965 and of Pope John Paul II in 1979. Many religions have special invocations, prayers, hymns and services for the United Nations. The most important examples are those of the Catholic, the Unitarian-Universalist, the Baptist and the Bahai faiths."

The "recent book" ist New Genesis, Shaping a Global Spirituality from Robert Muller, ISBN 1-680465-04-03, part 1, chapter 6, page 45-49

• Hamas
    Hamas

Welcome, Sanduleak !!!!

• sanduleak
    sanduleak

w76 12/1 p. 711 Can an Image Bring Peace and Security? ***

The New Catholic Encyclopedia states: "Recent pontiffs have stressed the necessity of international organization and the principles that should guide it, and have praised the UN for its purposes and various programs and accomplishments. The Holy See maintains a permanent observer at the UN and contributes financial as well as moral support to many of its economic, social, scientific, cultural, and humanitarian programs. It participates as a full member or observer in a number of Specialized Agencies and participates in diplomatic and other conferences called by the UN. Sixteen Catholic international organizations contribute formally to the work of ECOSOC and various Specialized Agencies through the medium of consultative status with these bodies, and Catholic groups and individuals in various countries contribute to the formation of national policy and action with regard to the UN."—Vol. 14, p. 423.

• Hamas
    Hamas

"From it's inception, the body has also had the great harlot riding on its back, visibly associated with it and trying to guide its destiny. For example, on it's 20th anniversary, on June 1965, representatives of the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church, together with protestants, Jews, Hindu's, Buddhists and Muslims said to represent two thousand million of earth's population assembled in san Fransico to celebrate their support and admiration of the UN"

- Revelation, It's Grand Climx at Hand !, p 243.

What the Watchtower fails to mention is that they too have become visibly tied to this organization, along with muslims, jews etc committed to support the 'work of the United Nations'

Another fine piece of Watchtower hypocrisy.

• dmouse
    dmouse

As regards their quote about religious support for the UN, it's interesting what they missed out. The full quote is available here:

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/united_nations.htm

Prayer, meditation and spirituality at the UN are fascinating subjects. All major world religions are accredited to the United Nations as non-governmental organizations. For example, no less than twenty-four Catholic organizations are represented at the UN. Several of the world's religious leaders have visited the international organization. Most memorable were the visits of His Holiness Pope Paul VI during the General Assembly in 1965 and of Pope John Paul II in 1979. Many religions have special invocations, prayers, hymns and services for the United Nations. The most important examples are those of the Catholic, the Unitarian-Universalist, the Baptist and the Bahai faiths.

In the paragraphs before they use this quote it is made quite clear that it is being used to show that being an NGO of the UN means rejecting God's Kingdom:

9 Today, Jehovah's Witnesses warn that a flood of executional armies will soon sweep over Christendom. Moreover, they point to the true place of refuge from that flood. They quote Isaiah 28:16, which says: "This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: 'Here I am laying as a foundation in Zion a stone, a tried stone, the precious corner of a sure foundation. No one exercising faith will get panicky.'" Who is this 'precious cornerstone'? The apostle Peter quoted these words and applied them to Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 2:6) If Christendom had sought peace with Jehovah's King, Jesus Christ, then she would have avoided the coming flash flood.-Compare Luke 19:42-44.

10 However, she has not done so. Instead, in her quest for peace and security, she insinuates herself into the favor of the political leaders of the nations-this despite the Bible's warning that friendship with the world is enmity with God. (James 4:4) Moreover, in 1919 she strongly advocated the League of Nations as man's best hope for peace. Since 1945 she has put her hope in the United Nations. (Compare Revelation 17:3, 11.) How extensive is her involvement with this organization?

• JT
    JT

thanks thanks thanks

this is why i Love the NET "THANG"

i am telling you now the Internet has got to be the biggest issue facing wt tower

when you consider the internet is all about information and the wt has a long history of 130 of PUTTING EVERYTHING IN PRINT

it is the worst possible combination for them- to think that with the click of a mouse the UN officails were able to read over 50 years of the wt talking "SH!T" about them and then here they are asking to join as a NGO

there is no way except for a Cold Day in He!! would the UN have accepted their application IF , AND I MEAN IF they had known the REAL VIEWS OF THE WT towards them-

while i think that for most persons who are in wt it is too late to help them (I don't see no mass exodus anytime soon) it is the cutting off of the supply of new members that will present the greatest challenge

when you consider new members are down as measured by baptism and bible studies, the old folks are dying and the young folks are leaving-

that is not how to grow a religion, if anything that is what one calls a shrinking religion-

unless the wt makes some major changes i don't see the hemmoraging of members stopping

so thanks again to all of you - you guys are great

• JT
    JT

ona cruse

we found it thanks- i looked up everything as well, yet now i see they DIDN'T USE THE WORD NGO instead they merely REFERENCED IT as seen in the articles posted

thanks again for everyones help

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit