Question..about a picture I thought was in the old Paradise book..

by Snoozy 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I have a friend that is considering going back. I figure it is her life and maybe it is something she needs. anyway we were talking about when she was little and she remembered a picture in one of the books where it showed teh new world with pictures of everyone around the lamb etc in paradise. I found a copy of the old Paradise book on the computer and ordered it for her but she said the picture isn't in there. I told her there was a picture in there that made my kids and a neighbor kids have nightmares for years about armageddon . It showed the earth opening up and swallowing people in a firry pit while Jehovah was saving his people. His people kept running and didn't look back. but she said that picture isn't in there either. Does anyone have copies of those pictures or can they locate the publications they were actually in? I know that the witnesses altered a lot of their publications but pretty sure they would have left those in. Any help would be appreciated. . .

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

These are links to where you might find what you're looking for.

jehovahs witness book paradise lost to paradise regained

Amazon

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW
    Are you sure you gave her the old "From Paradise Lost To Paradise Regained" book from 1958 (with an orange cover) and not the much newer book called "Live Can Live Forever in Paradise On Earth" book (with a red cover)?

My copy of the 1958 book says "3,250,000 Edition" and on pages 208-209 it shows sky scrapers falling down, houses burning, people running scared, and the earth opening up with people falling into the deep hole (but I don't see fire in the hole). In that book I don't see a picture of people escaping, nor do I see a picture of people around a lamb in paradise. But page 217 shows people with a pet dog and pages 2224-225 shows more happy people, apparently in a paradise.

In the "My Book of Bible Stories" in story number 115 there is a two-page picture which shows people by a young deer and which shows a very young girl by a lion cub.

Maybe the book your friend is thinking of a book before 1958, maybe the "A New Heavens and a New Earth" or an edition of "Let God Be True" or maybe the "Children" book.

Maybe your friend is thinking of a Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) volume of the 10 volume set called "the Bible Story", such as the ones that used to be (and maybe still are) sometimes in the waiting area of dentist and/or doctor offices. If your friend's memory is of the people in paradise on Earth (or in heaven?) wearing white robes then it is probably a SDA book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit