Memorable Regional Conventions

by pale.emperor 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I still have my Convention to "look forward to". Looking forward to see/hearing some of the things of the things i've been reading about on here. I've already seen the cultish vids on YouTube. I imagine the audience will think it's just amazing and the number of pioneers will double for a week or so.

Makes me remember some memorable RC's over the years. Such as:

2015: The opening prayer, the man didnt end it "in Jesus name, Amen." He just finished his last sentence and walked off. We were all standing there with out heads down and eyes closed waiting for the end... which never came. - He would've got a talking to for that i'd imagine.

2009: Me being roped into cleaning duty. Missed the drama (the only slightly interesting part of the day). During the drama i had the "privilege" of mopping up other peoples vomit, urine and random spillages. The only redeeming factor was the Persian girl in the cleaning team who i naturally spent the entire time trying to get in with.

2007: Longest closing prayer on record. 22 minutes 20 seconds. Was just ridiculous how long his prayer went on. It was like another talk. Me and my brothers time the last prayer because it's usually were the most self important, self righteous, show off tries to impress us all with his "many words" (Matthew 6:7)

After this, i've made my own rule that any prayer over 5 mins will result in my saying AMEN and walking out.

• Gwydion
    Gwydion

I haven been to a convention since 1994. Was in attendance at every convention from 87 thru 94 at the old McNicols arena in Denver. Not one of them was memorable in anyway. Total sleep fests. Like a meeting but 10 times worse.

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

22 minutes 20 seconds! Holy Crap.... That's just ridiculous.

Who was saying the prayer?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Southampton. The Dell. Late 80s, early 90s.

One convention we had a bloke run on to the pitch and streak naked until being rugby tackled by an attendant. And no, that's not a euphemism.

Same place, same time period. A sister mixed her words up in an interview and said shit.

For us teenagers sunning ourselves on tepee south stand it was pure comedy gold.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

*tepee = the. Thanks iPad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit