hello all

by illusive 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• illusive
    illusive

Hello there, I'm Illusive. Raised around JW family. Never baptized, 32 years old. Studied JW theology and sociology. BS in Sociology.I just don't understand how the method is supposed to fit like a puzzle.

• Tallon
    Tallon

Hello Illusive

Welcome to the forum. Post all your questions / queries. There are many members that can hopefully give satisfactory answers to your concerns.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hi, Illusive - welcome to the forum.

BS in Sociology - I take it you mean Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Sociology. It's the JW theology that's BS!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Hi Illusive, I did not realize there were materials of study about the JW in college theology. Interesting. My young cousin has a BS in Theology and going on for a doctorate. He is currently enjoying teaching history and theology at a high school.

This is the place to be to ask questions. fire away!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hello.

So glad to see you got an education.

Sylvia

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Welcome. I find interesting your choice of studies. I'd love to hear your thoughts about the WT teachings vs what you learned in college.

• steve2
    steve2

Hello Illusive - love your play on this word.

I did a double major in Sociology and Psychology. Little wonder JW leadership frowns upon "higher learning" because the more you learn, the more JW organization's teaching and explanations are rendered simplistic opinions from a bygone era that are not supported by research or history. Their pivotal date of 607 BCE, for example is not supported by history - yet is the date upon which they perform their stupid hop-scotching to arrive at 1914 CE. House of cards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit