Conformity

by barry 8 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

https://youtu.be/RkeNs1c7fSg Many SDA church members unions and conferences are having issues with their General conference which has set up five compliance committees to regulate church entities. Some of the areas the General Conference are concerned about are the ordination of women and the general wants to stop more women from being ordained also their are issues with church doctrine homosexuality. This video is in response to a fight back by a large majority of members 40% wanted womens ordination. I find this video quite clever and amusing.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If religious people don't want anyone to tell them what to believe, just stop signing up for an organization with leaders. Just do your own way for the love of Mike.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I wonder when women of the JW`s are going to adopt a similar stance after all Deborah was a prophetess and judge who ruled Israel for fourty years with Jehovah`s blessing. Judges 4:4 , 5:31.

How often have these scriptures been discussed at JW meetings .

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I get the impression the SDA are more open to differing ideas of their members. Something the JWs are finding hard to adopt.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A well produced and well thought out Video. I always think of SDA's as being similar to JW's in so many ways, but always they are ahead of the JW's.

They are a bigger Org, preaching in more Countries, and now it seems they are ahead on progressive religious thinking.

JW's are quite happy to remain in their ignorant and unscriptural Misogynistic and Homophobic thinking, no R&F JW would even think to challenge that thinking verbally, let alone in a Video !

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

The majority vote for passing "new truths" was a completely eye opening revelation to me when I read Ray Franz's book.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Stuff like this:

For another 16 years the policy remained in effect, until the May 1, 1996 Watchtower abruptly decreed that acceptance of alternative service was now a matter of conscience. During those 16 years, thousands of Witnesses, mainly young men, spent time in prison for refusing to accept assignments to perform various forms of community service as an alternative to military service. As late as 1988, a report by Amnesty International stated that in France, “More than 500 conscientious objectors to military service, the vast majority of them Jehovah’s Witnesses, were imprisoned during the year.” For the same year, in Italy, “Approximately 1,000 conscientious objectors, mostly Jehovah’s Witnesses, were reported to be imprisoned in 10 military prisons for refusing to perform military service or the alternative civilian service.”15 That is just a partial picture. If that one Governing Body member had not changed his vote in 1978, virtually none of these men would have gone to prison—for the branch office committees’ reports give clear evidence that it was not the personal, individual consciences of these young men that produced the imprisonment. It was the compulsion to adhere to an organizationally imposed policy. The policy change is unquestionably welcome. Nonetheless, the fact that it took some 50 years for the organization’s to finally remove itself from this area of personal conscience surely has significance. One cannot but think of all the thousands of years collectively lost during half a century by Witness men as to their freedom to associate with family and friends, or to contribute to their own economy and the economy of those related to them, or pursue other worthwhile activities in ways not possible within prison walls. It represents an incredible waste of valuable years for the simple reason that it was unnecessary, being the result of an unscriptural position, imposed by organizational authority.

• barry
    barry

Here is another video they seem progressive in th north America division bout not everywhere in the world.https://youtu.be/O3D_fr1l_Y4

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy3 - "How often have these scriptures been discussed at JW meetings?"

Almost never, obviously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit