How would you respond?

by enigma1863 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enigma1863
    enigma1863
    Someone who thinks I’m an elder:

good afternoon brother. I am _______ and I work as a regular pioneer. I have always loved the ruling body, but I would like to increase my love more, but I do not know how. Can you help me?

Me:
    I would suggest finding ways to make your preaching work more effective. You could research epistemology to understand what makes people of other religions believe what they believe. Many have an emotional attachment to their beliefs because they invested so much energy, time, and finances in them. Others have faulty logic. Research logical fallacies such as “straw man”, “false dichotomy”, and “begging the question”. Understanding reason will make you a more effective pioneer.
  • Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Good one.

My response may have been: "Cultivate your love for the spiritual heritage that has lead to the current ruling body. I know our library is quite sparse at the moment, but there are plenty of PDFs available of our earlier publications. Should we start with, say, the year 1968? I'll let you take it from there."

• steve2
    steve2

I would like to increase my love more

Me: A worthy goal Brother Pioneer. Something in elastic may be helpful to increase your love more but be careful it doesn't snap back.

• venus
    venus

I would say: "Try to find out religious stories of other people, and you would find most of things in the Bible are modifications of them." Then you will find a great peace overpowering you, and you will know that God is called in different names in different cultures like ocean is differently called depending upon the proximity towards certain lands (Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean ...) yet ocean is one. Thus you won't find the need to preach, and you will have enough time to find out ways to love your near and loved ones, and even others.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m sorry enigma 1863 but I truly think that the average J.W. would have no clue what you are talking about when you suggest

Research logical fallacies such as “straw man”, “false dichotomy”, and “begging the question”.

You could research epistemology to understand what makes people of other religions believe what they believe.

What Jehovah`s Witness would even bother to research such a word if its not in the watchtower publications i`m not interested in it.is what they would think.

Remember the majority of them don`t have a very high standard of education and that`s from a direction from the Governing Body that the majority happily obey.

I think after reflection on what was said my answer would be .

Read the christian Greek scriptures of the Kingdom Interlinear Translation especially of the word for word translation.

And see how many times you can find that Christians are to be witnesses of Jehovah ?

How many times can you find where Christians are to be witnesses of Jesus ?

In the word for word translation how many times can you find the Tetragrammaton or even the Greek equivalent of those four Hebrew letters ?

What do you conclude from those findings ?

t

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A good idea to increase your effectiveness as a pioneer is to practice difficult ministry scenarios where a house holder might pose difficult questions.

(Insert stuff about ARC, paedophile lawsuits and all other damning truths about the cult)

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho — "Cultivate your love for the spiritual heritage that has lead to the current ruling body …"

I love your innocent approach.
    And when they start digging, just lean back and watch the fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit