Brutality

by Anna Marina 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

WT says Jesus became invisibly present in 1914. What a load of old rubbish. But they are not the only ones.

In 1927 a woman called Helen Keller wrote a book called My Religion. Her book advocates the teachings of Emanuel Swedenborg who claimed that Jesus had already returned. Adherents used several names to describe themselves including Second Advent Christian, Swedenborgian and New Church.

The reason I have posted this is because Helen Keller was also involved in setting up the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). That organization, along with others has approached the UN to consider action against the USA for police brutality.

Brutality can be physical. But if you have suffered at the hands of elders, wouldn't you describe elders as brutal? I think of their cold heartlessness which is capable of smashing tender feelings, crushing justice, destroying friendships and lying.

Through WT, the lie about 1914 enabled a power structure to be established that would be brutal. It can crush your conscience and destroy your liberty, if you let it. It's power isn't weapons like guns, it's power is lies, superstition and media spin.

• Quetzal
    Quetzal

@anna marina

Brutality can be physical. But if you have suffered at the hands of elders, wouldn't you describe elders as brutal? I think of their cold heartlessness which is capable of smashing tender feelings, crushing justice, destroying friendships and lying.

Not all elders are that way. The system in which elders operate can be brutal. Some JW who are not elders can be just as mean spirited.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Funny you should mention Emanuel Swedenborg, I have a complete set of his works, (Books) , up in the Loft, I must get them down and have a read. I remember glancing through them when I bought them at an Auction when I was a young J.W.

Boy, were they weird ! all about him visiting different Planets and the people and civilisations that he found there, worse than Russell !!.

I will probably flog them on E-Bay, people collect that sort of crap.

Yes, the system, if operated by certain Elders can be really brutal, but the whole Disfellowshipping and Disassociating thing is a brutal system, designed simply to control, and to keep the likes of us telling our family and friends, The Truth About The "truth".

It is also unscriptural, if you really read the Scriptures they misuse with understanding.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Phizzy

Alex I of Russia was a Swedenborgist and some of Abraham Lincoln's friends were Swedenborgist. I think there was a Swedenborg church in the area where C T Russell lived. No idea if he ever visited it.

It is the system or organization of the Watchtower which facilitates brutality. That system is founded upon a lie, so freedom of conscience is one of the first things out of the window along with loving kindness, tenderness, mercy - etc. And in comes a dizzying intoxication of scheduled activity. The faster you go on their hamster wheel, the less you feel, so you can hurt yourself and hurt others too, all the while thinking you are SO virtuous.

(Matthew 7:15-20) . . .“Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit; 18 a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those [men]. . .

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Just seen this

Many of the ACLU's cases involved the defense of Communist Party members and Jehovah's Witnesses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_Liberties_Union

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The endeavour of creating supportive followers for own expressed ideology is empowering is it not ? , it could actually become financially rewarding such as in literature proliferation and publishing.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Their was a movie about Helen Keller called "The Miracle Worker" and Patty Duke played her. in 1962 ?

She was blind and deaf at the age of 19 months due to an illness she had a very interesting life regardless of what her beliefs were.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit