ELDER,plus,BETHEL ELDER?

by Blueblades 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

What is this? Local brothers don't have two elder titles.What is the thinking behind this?Elders have control of the Cong.But if you are living in Bethel,do you control other Bethelites because you are also a Bethel Elder.A doubling of the Elder title.What about the Sister's,are they Sister so and so in the cong.and SISTER SO and SO in Bethel ?

Blueblades

• SadElder
    SadElder

Just another control of the WTS. Bethel elders are spoosed to be held to a higher standard, in other words are they good little Bethel groupies and follow all the rules of the House. Of course before you can be one everyone around you gives these secret reports on you. Your table head reports about your attendance at breakfast... be sure not to miss breakfast because this is morning worship... and where they tall all about the new rules of the week etc etc ad nauseum... The Society's CIA at it's best.

• blondie
    blondie

Sure, the local elders have 2 elder titles. Don't JWs always say, "There's brother so-and-son, he's one of the elders, the presiding overseer; and that's another elder, Brother so-and-so, he's the secretary." They always have to give you the elder's "position" in the congregation.

Elder and PO

Elder and Secretary

Elder and Service Overseer

Elder and WT Study Conductor

Elder and Theocratic Ministry School Overseer

Elder and Congregation Book Study Overseer

Elder and Substitute Circuit Overseer

• Swan
    Swan

Blueblades:

What about the Sister's,are they Sister so and so in the cong.and SISTER SO and SO in Bethel ?

Didn't you know? A sister at Bethel has the title of Maid.

Tammy

• RoadDoctor
    RoadDoctor

There is an elder in a congregation in Hanover, PA that has business cards listing his name and the title "Elder" in big bold letters. He hands these out quite frequently, I guess it makes him feel special. Wonder how special it felt when both of his daughters were disfellowshipped for riding the balogney pony?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

hmmmmm....(counts on fingers...)....lessee now....there's man-hysterical serpents.....Kong-irrational serpents.......Prissy-sliding Overbearing Serpents.....Silly Overbearing Serpents......Circus Serpents.....Dis Strict Overbearing Serpents.......Beastial Serpents......er....the only thing they had two of that I knew of before I morphed on outta there was the fork in their tongues, yall....

Frannie B (of the gellin' class)

• benext
    benext

Bethel elders get to be table heads and give permission for those finished eating to leave.

They also get to go on those lucrative out of town speaking assignments.

When a Bethelite needs counsel they get to give it. The actually keep lists of Bethel elders for reference.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

blondie you left out Pioneer Elder, my favorite.

• blondie
    blondie

Woops, pork chop, and I know a couple too, I guess it is that they have other titles that superseded pioneer.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit