Brothers - Reach Out for a Fine Work!

by cappytan 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1
    "As long as you are acquisitive, envious, ambitious, seeking power, position, prestige, society approves of it; and on that you base your action. That action is considered respectable, moral. But it is not moral at all. Power in any form is evil: the power of the husband over the wife or the wife over the husband, the power of the politicians. The more tyrannical, the more bigoted, the more religious the power, the more evil it is. That is a fact. a provable, observable fact, but society approves of it......... So, if you observe that your action is based on acquisitiveness of power, on the desire to succeed, on the desire to be somebody............., then facing the fact will bring about a totally different action, and that is true action, not the action which society has imposed upon the individual. So, social morality is not morality at all; it is immoral; it is another form of defending ourselves, and therefore we are gradually being destroyed by society." - J. Krishnamurti
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

They have been struggling for decades to recruit enough, let alone any guys of any quality.

I wonder though if it is not now getting much worse than when I left, eight ears or so ago ?

At that point in time they were appointing any guy mug enough to seem willing, but loads of capable guys were making sure they didn't get "the call".

I think they had observed many Elders coming off, and then doing little in the Cong, but still accepted, and guys who did not "reach out" being accepted too, O.K, there is always a price to pay for this in Judgemental JW Org, but what is the downside compared to the upside of not being any kind of appointed man ?

I know when I resigned I was much happier straight away.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

I know loads of JWs who were never made elders when they were reaching out, and it's because they were too outspoken and opinionated.

I know I was one of them. What really chapped their a**es was that my "opinions" were always backed with the Bible, not just the company line, and I did not hold back from speaking out about injustice, nepotism, and favoritism.

I have learned to be a little more subtle, and now use carefully crafted WT study comments if I am called on to make my point.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Reaching out.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

This is filmed in The Netherlands. It's just like it is.

What would a 3th world JW think of this JW lifestyle?

G.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

HEE! I KNOW ONE OF THE ELDERS PERSONALY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REAL!!!!!!!!!

GRONINGEN AREA, THE NETHERLANDS.

• scary21
    scary21

Yes, they mentioned helping the elderly but what did they SHOW him doing........ mowing the old mans grass ...NO Helping the old man with his shopping, maybe carrying in the heavy bags......NO Bringing him a nice hot meal ....NO

Reading him a scripture.... YES... Well, that was a big help thank you !

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Yes, they mentioned helping the elderly but what did they SHOW him doing........ mowing the old mans grass ...NO Helping the old man with his shopping, maybe carrying in the heavy bags......NO Bringing him a nice hot meal ....NO''

That's something Christ would do, is helping the elderly like above. But no, ''spiritual'' is not Christ like. Must be confusing. It is for me.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Preparing answers for the W.T.study ? You have to be kidding me , a 5 year old with no schooling could do it in 5 minutes .

smiddy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

AND, notice that BBQ's don't have meat...just vegetables??

Hmm.. seems like a subtle point being made?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit