An update on me and a public apology

by StarTrekAngel 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I have been gone for a while so I am back, but I don't know how often I am hanging around. I am more interested in apologizing though :)

I have posted several times in the past about the necessity of spreading the word about TTATT in the Spanish speaking world. Specially of the quality of jwfacts. After some ranting, I was given the opportunity to be part of something like that. I was invited to help in translating some of the articles into Spanish which I thought was a great way to channel this desire to help. Unfortunately for me, I now run the potential of looking like a total hypocrite.

Soon after that proposal my life began changing quite rapidly. I had a terrific opportunity at work and I took it but is not without challenges. Lots of work and potentially travel are coming my way. I also began to see change in my wife's attitude. I have heard her say things I never thought possible (and to be honest I think she is surprising herself too). I am just as surprised to the things she is not saying as well. Example... Assembly is coming up this weekend and she has not mentioned it at all (ok, I am not holding my breath on that one) but that's is not only thing. I really feel like she is closer than ever to finally give up on all this crap.

So, in summary, I need to dedicate some time to my family and work in what seems a paradigm shifting in my life. I can not waste this opportunity to help them. So I hereby apologize for looking like a hypocrite. I will be back once things settle and I still plan to offer my help.

I will still be here, in the shadows.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I've done a good deal of volunteer work since 1994 and found it rewarding but sometimes it takes a person over. I have had to pull back at times.

You have nothing to apologize for a career is important.......... your opportunities need to be grabbed because they don't always come around that often.

Encouraging news about your wife.

All the best.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

No need to apologize. I enjoyed your presence. All the best.

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

As we are all trying to make sense of our life experiences, we all run the risk of of doing and saying things we look back and would change, especially with the hurt/anger/disappointment etc., from false hope and misplaced trust and wanting to liberate others from same. No need to apologize. The old motto - hindsight is 20/20. For me to judge you would be hypocritical. Good man for seeing yourself as you are and would like to be and making the appropriate changes.

It is encouraging you have reached a place of understanding what is most important to you. Hurray and very happy things are getting better in your family and life. Happy Shadows; nice knowing friends that have my back.

Best Wishes!

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Absolutely no need to apologize.

Family comes first, and even before your family, yourself... in that in an emergency situation, put the mask on before you help others.

This translation of jwfacts is strictly a volunteer thing, sometimes people can, sometimes people can't. It's ok.

I am thankful that I have a lot of time in my hands and can work on it quite a bit and advance it.

=)

Thanks, and best of luck!

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Thank you all for the encouraging comments.

• steve2
    steve2

I always say this to people who apologize when their life situation changes: "Please, there's no need to apologize...Just buy me something and park it in my driveway."

Sounds like there are some promising developments both on the work and homefront which is wonderful!

• just fine
    just fine

After leaving the cult I learned it is ok to change and grow and make adjustments as situations change. You don't have to save the world, you only have to save yourself. Let this new experience unfold, and try to enjoy the path you are on.

• millie210
    millie210

Sounds like good and positive changes in your life StarTrek.

I am very happy for you and welcome back!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit