KH construction

by truth doubter 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sir82
    sir82

CC,

Wow, that is fascinating.

So, all those "special full time LDC members" are now back to "the field"?

That's got to be a bitter pill to swallow for them. We had a couple of them visit our KH last year, they really seemed to be relishing their new assignment.

It's just so bizarre - they were so gung-ho with the new program, rolling out the video for elders in a special elders-only meeting, then showing highlights of the video to the congregations. And now, barely a year later, full stop.

Only 50 new KHs for the whole year? One high-performing RBC might have half that many projects for a year, and now that is the entire US total?

It is entirely bizarre. It sure sounds like they are concerned about not having enough money, either right now or anticipating something enormous in the near future.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    thanks for that CC, lets hope me hear more details
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Very interesting. There are regular references in the meetings to the large building needs but very little evidence of any thing actually happening on the ground. The story is the same in the UK and I suspect everywhere else.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    KH construction has not been stopped, but branch construction and branch renovations has been reduced. KH construction in countries with limited funds (Africa, Asia etc.) continues and is speeded up and therefore not affected. HQ and third world KH are the two main areas.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

No one is saying KH construction has been stopped. We have recently seen the completion of the Chemsfold KH for example. However, as someone still nominally on the re-badged RBC/LDC I know there is very little more really going on. RBC groups had regular full build projects every 2-3 months. There have been virtually none in the whole of the UK for well over a year now.

There is lots of talk about how many more projects there are required. Firstly this includes maintenance tasks that fall under the LDC now. Secondly, when you actually talk to people, no one actually sees anything happening. Things are always supposedly happening elsewhere.

I can't speak for third world areas and accept there could be more going on there than we assume might be happening but the talk at the hall, assemblies and conventions is not about the third world, it's constantly bigging up the local LDC workload yet there is nothing of real substance actually happening.

Also, I believe there was a thread on here debunking the implied timelines on third world hall projects presented in a recent JW broadcast.

• janusfulcrum
    janusfulcrum
    What I have heard, second/third hand, is that, after an ldc analysis of actual kh usage, the recommendation was to consolidate congregations. There is supposedly a letter soon to come that will explain the changes, fairly significant changes. Sorry I don't have more details, nor am I in a position to confirm, just passing on what I have been told by a jw whose SIL is in the know. This is US, and not just regional, but countrywide.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Yup. What we have seen is a move to consolidate and sell excess.
  • bohm
    bohm
    CC: Super interesting news, thanks for posting. you should really consider posting this as a new topic so people who are not checking all the threads has a chance to see it.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

commiteechairman - "...they are putting together a huge fund to cover what they believe are contingent liabilities that will surface in the next 18 to 24 months..."

THIS.

x

Plus, they apparently won't be getting the amounts they thought they would from the sale of the Brooklyn properties...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5700210420350976/ivanka-trumps-hubby-jared-kushner-reportedly-buying-jehovahs-witnesses-headquarters

• bohm
    bohm
    I find it very hard to believe legal liabilities alone can be the cause of the current halts... I mean it would have to be 100s of millions of dollars to make a serious dent in the income from Brooklyn. I hope the truth leaks eventually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit