KH construction

by truth doubter 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

When the new Kingdom Hall design was introduced last year. They had photos of the inside. I counted 121 seats in the main hall and 22 seats in the second school (the room with the glass). This totals 143 seats for the new design. I can remember the last hall (old style) we attended had a seating capacity of 236.

Where they anticipating a decline when they introduced the LDC design or do they have different sizes of this new design? It seems to me they are expecting a decline in certain areas!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ ToesUp...

I myself have suspected for some time now that the WT leadership is anticipating a decline and are planning accordingly (for the Org's survival).

They sure seem to be acting like it, anyway (to me, at least).

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Today I talked to a brother who is heavily involved in the LDC work and regularly goes to Warwick to volunteer. He said that most KH projects are on hold because of the needed resources for Warwick. He explained that the manpower and money needed for Warwick took first place, but once Sept 1, 2016 rolls around that should change, being that Warwick will be completed, well almost completed lest the museum get finished, probably around the first of the year.
  • sir82
    sir82

Where they anticipating a decline when they introduced the LDC design or do they have different sizes of this new design?

As I recall from the video, the new KH design comes in 3 "sizes". You probably saw either the small or medium one.

most KH projects are on hold because of the needed resources for Warwick.

This makes 0 sense. There are 10's of thousands of US JWs who volunteered for RBC and and are still on the list for LDC. There might be a few hundred who are on the Warwick site full time, and the rest are there for short bursts of a few weeks or a few months. Plus, a lot of the work is now being done by "worldly" contractors.

There are many 10's of thousands with RBC experience who are not at Warwick, and are sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

Maybe by "resources" they mean "money"? That also makes little sense - there are $10s or $100's of millions being contributed by the congregations into the special KH construction fund. It would be a serious breach to use that dedicated money for building Warwick - even brain-dead loyal JWs would get upset over that.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound
    Contributions to KH building funds would be "dedicated" and should not be spent on anything else, WT now asks that donations are not specified as to use but are for general funds, ie anything that suits borg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit