KH construction

by truth doubter 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• truth doubter
    truth doubter
    Is it a fact that all KH construction earth wide has stopped?
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    I know someone on the LDC i think its called - a few months ago he said that only 3 of the new MacKingdom Halls have been built in the USA.
  • sparky1
    sparky1
    When I had my 'shepherding call' just before the Memorial, the two Elders calling on me told me this. All sales of Kingdom Halls and all construction is halted until further notice. One Elder was very surprised because the old hall that I used to attend had a cash offer and the Elders were told by Brooklyn DO NOT SELL at this time.
  • kramer
    kramer
    no, it isn't true
  • Tech49
    Tech49
    I know that on the West Coast of the US, virtually ALL building and remodeling has come to a halt. A few little minor things going on where select individuals get invited, but essentially ALL RBC programs have been shut down.
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    There is very little happening in the UK.
  • blondie
    blondie

*** jv chap. 21 p. 350 How Is It All Financed? ***

The Watch Tower Society has always endeavored to use all the resources at its disposal to further the preaching of the good news. In 1915, as president of the Society, Charles Taze Russell said: “Our Society has not sought to lay up earthly riches, but has been, rather, a spending institution. Whatever God’s providence sent in to us without solicitation we have sought to spend as wisely as possible in harmony with the Word and Spirit of the Lord. Long ago we announced that when the funds would cease, the activities of the Society would cease proportionately; and that as the funds increased, the Society’s activities would be enlarged.” The Society has continued to do exactly that.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe intentionally slowed so that more money can be donated to HQ Bethel.

GB are pressing to gather up as much cash as they can these days for some reason. ???

• Dagney
    Dagney
    I was wondering that my own self. My brother mentioned that he was "enjoying" the new building program. He is the guy that audits the projects. I didn't pursue the conversation with him, but I am still wondering if there are any projects going on.
  • atomant
    atomant
    Maybe the GB are busy building bunkers to live in when tshtf.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit