How much of the problems are down to 'the system'?

by be wise 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• be wise
    be wise

JW's love to dis the system in their usual caring way. Personally I had little respect for 'the system' as a JW. I was told it was evil and it was going to be destroyed because it is controlled by the devil. - then they told me to respect it. (???)

It seems very small minded that the JW's can get billions of individuals, lump them all together and label them as a system. I think we have a lot of freedom to achieve what we want in life. If someone acts against us in some way that is not 'the system', that's the individual. It's crap in a lot of ways but it allows the amount of freedom we do have in everyday life and that isn't crap.

Can you imagine the real world being run by the Watchtower?

If the system isn't a whole entity as the Watchtower would have people believe - so what?

If that's the case how does the devil contol it?

I hope to be writing music for media purposes for a living. If someone said the devil controlled what I wrote if it was not to their liking and understanding of the world, I'd tell them they should go and get professional help from a psychiatrist.

From a JW's point of view, let's say the devil doesn't control things directly but it's traits in people's personality that are from the 'devil'.

All bible based religions would say because of Adam sinning due to falling for the devil's charm. In that case it means that as soon as 'the devil' got Adam to sin he has been able to sit on his 'arse' for all these years and do nothing but watch the domino sin affect pass on to their offspring over and over through genetics.

People who belive in God will agree that any organisation can't give you that or take it away from you either.

I think the world can be seen from so many different angles - to think we have all the answers would be the most arrogent way to live and the most detrimental too, much like the cult aspects of the JW religion.

It comes down to freedom we can take it for granted - piss it up against a wall - use it to some mutual advantage - it's our life, OUR life. If the bible is supposed to be a guide I think it should guide not finish you.

be wise

• robhic
    robhic
    All bible based religions would say because of Adam sinning due to falling for the devil's charm. In that case it means that as soon as 'the devil' got Adam to sin he has been able to sit on his 'arse' for all these years and do nothing but watch the domino sin affect pass on to their offspring over and over through genetics.

I read elsewhere a very interesting comment to something relating to this. Adam and Eve screwed up (if you actually believe the reality of that story) and got tossed out of the Garden of Eden. From that time on they would have a hard life and inevitably die. So would all their descendants. And this doesn't even begin to address god's omniscience so that he should have known they were gonna eat the apple anyway! That's a whole other thing.

But isn't this sorta like condemning the entire family of a criminal sentenced to jail? Joe-Blow murders someone, his entire family gets thrown in the prison with him AND .... not just his immediate family but all of their descendants, too! Would there be any free persons walking around today if that were the case? Jails would be full of entire families from cradle to grave. And god is supposed to be loving? He sucks, IMO!

The whole thing makes me angry that 1) I didn't think of this myself years ago and 2) because the utter stupidity of it yet it controls religious thinking of people for thousands of years!!! A fairy tale is running people's lives. Jeez, where are these gullible fools when I want to set up my free breast-exam device in a parking lot somewhere? It just isn't fair.

Robert

• be wise
    be wise

Can totally relate to that, Robert (not talking the breast exam).

Anyhows, like you said, I think most of it doesn't add up or make enough sense for anyone with a bit of intelligence and honesty. There maybe some benefits that can come from the bible if you look at it objectionably rather than fanatically that is. I think the best way to live life is 'live and learn'. JW's throw the book at everyone but they don't let anyone live and develop in a normal way and they make it damn hard for anyone that wants to.

• be wise
    be wise

Can totally relate to that, Robert (not talking the breast exam).

Anyhows, like you said, I think most of it doesn't add up or make enough sense for anyone with a bit of intelligence and honesty. There maybe some benefits that can come from the bible if you look at it objectionably rather than fanatically that is. I think the best way to live life is 'live and learn'. JW's throw the book at everyone but they don't let anyone live and develop in a normal way and they make it damn hard for anyone that wants to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit