Found this little gem about sharing pillows with other brothers in the Insight on the Scriptures book

by jwleaks 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Bosom Position - Guests reclined on their left side with a pillow supporting their left elbow, leaving the right arm free. Usually three persons occupied each couch, but there could be as many as five. The head of each one would be on or near the breast, or bosom, as it were, of the person behind him. The person with no one at his back was considered in the highest position and the one next to him in the second place of honor. In view of the nearness of the guests to one another, it was the custom that friend be placed next to friend, which made it rather easy to engage in confidential conversation if desired.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000795

Well, I'm glad Watchtower cleared that up. Carry on Bethel Boys.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Jesus and his lounging bosom buddies who were so not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) engaged in confidential conversation pillow talk.

• jwcomic
    jwcomic

The problem here is that when you want to reach something in the middle of the dining table, you would need to dislocate your other arm, wacking the person in front of you on the back of their head (of which ends up face down in their food), and gently rubbing their genitals (of which isn't embarrassing to talk about) on the next man's pillow. Let's be thankful they didn't wear tight pants.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Do any of them have pillows between their legs on this side of the table or maybe on the other side ?

sorry that was an irreverent comment

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

I don't know how tight pants that show off a masculine bulge can be seen as effeminate, when Jesus and the gang were all wearing dresses. Gender bending at its finest!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great point @Wake me!

Dresses indeed!

• steve2
    steve2

How long before the left arm you are leaning on goes to sleep and you need to change position? The reclining position looks uncomfortable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit