hijabs

by road to nowhere 7 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The news had Macy's or some higher end store showing hijabs. I made the mistake of showing wife. Her only comment was it was about time they made some modest clothing. A tall dark gal in a form fitting dress, no matter how long, is SEXY. These things were a far cry from burkhas. Maybe this belongs in the what is attractive thread.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

Sexy is a matter of taste

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Witness females are subjected to a strict dress code too, so why would she get upset over another female being forced to wear a tent?

• just fine
    just fine

I think people should wear what they want to. My problem is people act like if you don’t wear a hijab or some other religiously sanctioned attire you are somehow less than those who do.

• HeyLittleGirl
    HeyLittleGirl

Modesty is a quality. Not a garment that you put on.

• pometerre21
    pometerre21

I know an elder who used muslim girls as an example to young JW girls. He was like, if those girls could wear hijabs and burqas in hot weather for their religion and their god, why can't you (speaking to a JW girl) dress modestly for Jehovah? After all, you have the only true religion anyway.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Clever actually. I'd say the hijab market would be a huge untapped market for mainstream fashion. So if they could make the hijab fashionable and cool for western women at the same time as marketing it to muslim women... wow hello new fashion trend.

• HeyLittleGirl
    HeyLittleGirl

A garment that has only one purpose - the subjugation and oppression of women, with a long and bloody history, which women are dying over and being beaten for all over the world on a daily basis?

Good gawd, I hope it NEVER becomes fashionable or cool in the West.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit