"Just don't overthink the truth"

by stuckinarut2 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

I watched my parents become disabled thinkers thanks to Botchtower. Both my parents also became chronically ill. The human brain is meant to be inquisitive. Attempting to shut this down causes problems.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"He replied "oh, just don't overthink the truth!. Finding out things will only cause you to lose faith. Just come back"

Under thinking is definitely the way to go if you want to remain a JW and not loose your mind.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

This is what is known as "sheep-like ones", AKA: SHEEPLE. Sheep+People= Sheeple.

Sheeple are to be fleeced, and the JWdotOrg is the best fleecer on the planet.

So just bla, bla, bla all day, and be fleeced from head to toe your entire life, and you'd damn sure better listen and obey, or you'll be out on your azz!

Mindless idiots and social retards, all of them. Wow.

• Giordano
    Giordano

What this brother was saying is that one should choose rational ignorance. You make a rational decision not to educate yourself about things that are not accepted or talked about in the JW world.

Or as Eric Hoffer said in The True Believer:

β€œIt is startling to realize how much unbelief is necessary to make belief possible.”

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

This sounds like something straight outta "1984".

Don't think. OBEY.

• cofty
    cofty

I remember the article about avoiding the dangers of "independent thinking".

As if there was any other sort.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

If you are not allowed to have independent thought, then by default, you are relying solely upon "dependent thought". Meaning, you are fully dependent upon the WTBTS to think for you. CULT ALERT! CULT ALERT!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

He replied "oh, just don't overthink the truth!. Finding out things will only cause you to lose faith. Just come back"

Image result for everything is under control

Image result for everything is fine go back to sleep

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Love and friendship is always conditional. Part of our human condition perhaps.

One wise person said.... When, why?.... Who knows, but there are no truer words: "No situation is 100% good or 100% bad".

Accentuate, emphasize the positive in life and you shall find happiness.🌞

DY

• Londo111
    Londo111

The term unconditional/conditional is usually meant in the relative, rather than absolute sense. Obviously, if a friend or family member turns out to be a serial killer, a rapist, or child molester that goes beyond the bounds of the relative sense of the term. Unfortunately, in a cult like this one, the love is so conditional that it takes one sentence to end the friendship or even a family relationship.

There is much positive in life and that is found outside a toxic Watchtower organization, as well as other high control groups. Since the topic on this forum is about the Watchtower organization, the negative topics will naturally outweigh the positive.

This is the positive about life I've found outside JW.org:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5697223337705472/even-if-this-wasnt-truth-need-structure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit