"Just don't overthink the truth"

by stuckinarut2 42 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So after almost a year of complete inactivity and non attendance, I ran into a nice brother from the local congregation.

After some nice chit-chat, he says "we really miss you and your family...etc...you were always the kind and supportive one, the approachable and encouraging one in the congregation. I know that some people may have stumbled you, but you have gotta come back. Your absence has confused so many"

I thanked him and said "oh no, no individual has stumbled us. No, it's nothing like that. We still feel the same about everyone of our friends in the congregation. And we are just doing fine thanks. Happy, healthy and enjoying life."

When he pushed, I simply replied "well, after the things I have learned, I'm just sitting back and watching things unfold for the society. But I won't share things with you that may upset you"

He replied "oh, just don't overthink the truth!. Finding out things will only cause you to lose faith. Just come back"

Amazing how they chose to remain ignorant.....

• Londo111
    Londo111

That sums it up: "Finding out things will only cause you to lose faith."

I remember having a Pentecostal tell me about the Trinity, "You JWs think too much. Don't think, just believe." In reality, JWs give lip service to thinking and research, but basically by their actions do the exact opposite.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Finding out things will only cause you to lose faith."

Funny how TTATT will do that.

TTATT will set you free.

Doc

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Many inside, having found out about the Society's flaws, still feel the 'good' far outweighs the 'bad' and make the decision to plow along.

For many so rigidly indoctrinated for time immemorial, the social structure one has become accustomed to can only be found inside this particular group. I fall in this category.

I have also heard some say "find me an organization composed of imperfect humans that is perfect". They intentionally choose to accentuate the correct/positive.

DY

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Overthinking lead me here, he's right.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Its over-thinking....its just thinking. Period.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Anyone who has found out about the Watchtower’s flaws, but thinks the good outweighs the bad has stopped researching.

If it were only a group composed of imperfect humans…

The friendships found within are conditional at best, but most often purely illusory. It’s like finding fool’s gold or Monopoly money and declaring oneself rich.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Thanks stuckinarut2.

Same story here. At first "they" thought I needed some rest and more family time. That was 8 months ago. Last elder that visited me told me the congregation doesn't understand.

lol, I will teach them TTATT if they need an explanation, but suddenly no one dares to visit me anymore...

I think deep in their hearts, they KNOW...

• prologos
    prologos

overthinking? think it over, and over!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Jup, heard the same from different persons.

"Come back soon. Don't think too much!"

"Anders, your wise. Too wise."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit