Is this the last chance for inactive and df'd ones?

by innerpeace 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wayward
    Wayward

I haven't heard anything. My dub family treats me as usual. We still have a relationship, so fingers crossed they don't get sucked into a fit of fanatic loyalty. I haven't had elders sniffing around in a couple years now.

What it boils down to is: Same crap, different decade, different century. The 21st century wasn't supposed to get here before the Big A but here we are, 16 years in.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Who knows?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Steve2: Strength of Conviction does not equal Accuracy or Truth.

Best comment ever!! Well said sir!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

If there is such a directive, it would be like those late night infomercials, act now while supplies last! Anything to create a false sense of urgency is useful for manipulating people I guess.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

@ LisaRose - Lol, act NOW, and you will not get one Elder, but 2 Elders harassing you to come back, then try to DF you, just as quickly. Normal Elder harassment, and judgements, will apply.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm a lost cause, no one would even send me a bulk rate postcard to give me a last chance, so from where I'm sitting, this all looks like the same sky is falling, different year.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Hi all, just wondering if there's anything going around about the elders receiving instruction from the society to give inactive ones and disfellowshipped ones one last chance to come back?

Yes. since Armageddon is happening Nov.1 coming up, there is a one chance to return policy in place that is said to end soon.

So if your DFed I would head back to local Kingdom Hall right away.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Isn't there is unofficial rule that the big A is going to happen around October time. Most years!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The last time an Elder called on me, just before the R.C, he told me that "We don't know how close the End is".

I said I was confident my baby grandson would grow up, go to University, have children and they would do the same, by which time he and me will be long gone.

Somewhat taken aback, he said " so that's what you believe ?"

"Oh yes" I replied, thinking he would offer some challenge which would have led to a conversation on the matter. he changed the subject to talking about the joys of grandchildren.

Perhaps he realised that there is far more evidence that my scenario will pan out than there is evidence for his,which amounts to none.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

It is just the ordinary visits to df'ed ones, it is supposed to be done once every year or or every second year. The only difference is that last year a brochure was published directed at the df'ed or inactive ones, and it is supposed to be given to them. So pretty much the same as has been done for years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit