I just don't understand this, what am I missing???

by Greybeard 47 Replies latest jw friends

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

OH, before I forget.

Previously the teaching was that Christ appointed the anointed remnant over the "domestics" (to bring forth and teach the remaining anointed) in 1919. "All his belongings" included those with the "earthly hope" that started to come in as well.

Now, the domestics are "all" who are "fed" by the Faithful Slave, anointed and other sheep. This appointment is still taught to have occurred in 1919. The appointment over "all" now refers to the composite body of 144,000 receiving their reward in heaven.

Also what remains the same is that spiritual Babylonian captivity ended in 1919, but a recent Watchtower says this captivity began sometime after the year 100 CE.--WT March 2016.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think you're missing the real reason which is legal by separating themselves as much as they can from the flock from the congregations and from the elders they think they're going to be a less liable when their sued for pedophilia .

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

I believe the governing body will always be connected to the organization regarding legal issues. Isn't the Australia case proof of that? Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not a lawyer.

I think this is more about trying to disconnect themselves from Pastor Russell and Judge Rutherford who obviously were false prophets. They are just trying to keep the boat floating. It would not surprise me if they changed their name. Rutherford did it... Who knows... Nothing surprises me anymore.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Wouldn't you all agree that GB needs to find ways to push already fulfilled prophesy imagined or real into the future in order to keep the smoke a mirror show going? That's all they are doing No different than the overlapping generation crap, just keep making stuff up, new light, no one else came up with that so the GB must have jeh's spirit and on it goes.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

WHOA
    Wait, so Jesus did NOT appoint them in 1919???????????
    That's the entirety of it. Jesus picked them. They're the good guys.
    What just happened?

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Don't feel bad BlackSwan, I just found out yesterday, LOL, first I laughed, then I cried... I'm just a big baby, I've got that "be like little children" thing down :)

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Really, what this all points to, is that the GB have absolutely no fu@#ing idea what they are talking about, preaching about, interpreting, and supposedly teaching.

That is the ONLY 100 percent TRUTH in all of this.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think thier still saying Jesus picked them just at he hasn't given them thier reward yet, which will be a swift trip to hell.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

LOL, I got a good laugh out of that Crazyguy.

Careful not to judge now, we don't want to be like them. Lets just disfellowship them like they did us, of course, that could be like hell. It feels like it to me. Come on Aron class, you built this Golden Calf, remove it and free our families. Moses is coming down the mountain.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

If no one was appointed in 1919, how did the current GB get to call themselves the F&DS?

Something does not add up here, unless there was a limited appointment in 1919 or at some other point in the 20th century.

Clarification anyone ????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit