'dirtclod' popup

by talesin 9 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

got a pop-up from 'dirtclog' tonite asking for my name and e-mail ID. I ignored it, but isn't this a JW site and has anyone else gotten this. Looking for info.

tks.

tal

• Mr Lebowski
    Mr Lebowski

1) I read here and on dirtclod.com that dirtclod.com was sued for copyright infringement by the WTS for posting internal memos.

2) I have not had a popup there and I just tried it after reading your post.

Hope that helps.

• wednesday
    wednesday

i did not get a dirtclod pop up , but i did get a system network asking for a password.

I believe joules does that site and he posts the BOE letters and that is why the wTBTS is after him. Nothing else.

• onacruse
    onacruse

tal, I saw it today too. Another JWDer had (has?) that site, and for some reason the link pops up every now and then. Not to worry

Craig

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

I think I only saw it pop up once or twice while loading a page in the forum where someone (Jourles?) linked a picture in his post from a page on the dirtclod site that needed a password.

Gamaliel

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I got the dirtclod popup when I was looking at the most beautiful woman thread.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I think what happened was that some content on dirtclod has been password protected. Someone put info from dirtclod in a post here and when that post is displayed, you'll get login information for dirtclod. Just press cancel.

• onacruse
    onacruse

unbeliever, yeah, that's where I saw it too. I inadvertently opened that thread I'll pass the word.

Craig

• Jourles
    Jourles

Sorry about that annoying username/password box that opens in some threads here. I merely password protected the gallery of boe letters/pics so that when you open an old thread that linked to that gallery, the box pops up. I guess I could change it so it will redirect to another page - but I did it that way for some folks who wanted to still access the gallery without downloading the zipped file of letters(20MB).

• talesin
    talesin

thanks, everyone

tks, {{{jourles}}} for explaining, I will check out dirtclod. I am all for us ex-JWs supporting each other.

xo

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit