I was scrolling on my Google news feed and this came up

by nowwhat? 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nowwhat?
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

It’s not good that anyone is oppressed for their beliefs, however unfounded they are. But the fact that there are only about 150 people out of 8 million JWs incarcerated for their beliefs is not compatible with their narrative that the main aim of ‘Satan’s system’ is to persecute JWs. As is the fact that ‘worldly’ agencies are speaking out about such abuses.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I suppose today's "true Christians" don't want to be persecuted on account of his name.

• skin
    skin

I was told years ago by an elder, that if we weren't being persecuted, we weren't doing enough for Jehovah.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Same here! JWdotORG has NEVER shown up in my Google feed before, I doubt it's a coincidence. Can they arrange for a given story to be promoted in that way somehow?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Here's some interesting stats on Christians for one year....

1 in 9 Christians worldwide experience high levels of persecution

There is a 14% rise in the number of Christians in the top 50 countries on the 2019 World Watch List (WWL) who experience high levels of persecution. (from the 2018 reporting period to 2019’s)

4,136 Christians killed for faith-related reasons in the top 50 WWL countries.

2,625 Christians detained without trial, arrested, sentenced and imprisoned in the top 50 WWL countries.

1,266 churches or Christian buildings attacked in the top 50 WWL countries.

In seven of the countries in the World Watch List’s top 10, the primary cause of persecution is Islamic oppression.

11 countries scoring in the “extreme” level for their persecution of Christians. Five years ago, North Korea was the only one.

18 Consecutive years North Korea has ranked No. 1 as the world’s most dangerous place for Christians.

Persecution by the Numbers

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Muslim persecution of Christians (and others) is so rampant, and has been for 14 centuries now, that no other persecution is relevant. The combined death toll of unbeliever that would not convert has been estimated to be between 590 Million and 720 Million.

Never read anything about that in the WT.

RB

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Wow!

The U.S. State Department issues a statement calling for the worldwide end of persecuting of Jehovah's Witnesses. The Watchtower grabs a hold of this statement and publishes is on their website applauding the U.S. government and supporting the statement.

Jesus: "Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have observed my word, they will also observe yours." - John 15:20 NWT

Watchtower: "We appreciate fair-minded governments who speak out in defense of our right to worship."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit