1969 bound vol set

by rockemsockem 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

So I picked up a 1969 bound Vol set of Awake and Tower for 9 bucks. Cheap. The Away has some strange articles in it about the end being so close the graduating kids will never need to worry about retirement ect. And what is happening to motion pictures. I never thought these would be worth having but the borg has gotten so far away from its origins over the years many younger ones would not believe what they even taught.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

May 22, 1969 Awake! article is the one that said young persons would not be able to finish a college degree because of Armageddon.

• TD
    TD

You don't realize (At least I didn't) how strongly the JW faith mirrors the pop culture of the time until you go back and read their literature from 50+ years ago.

The farther back you go, the weirder it gets.

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

TD that is the truth. When you go back to Joe Rutherford he was one weird dude. From sucking up to Hitler to modern medicine is not good to god lives in the Pleiades.

• TD
    TD

The heart = emotion / brain = logic nonsense the JW's taught in the early 70's came shortly after the original Star Trek, which portrayed the clash between the two via the character Spock and his interactions with humans.

Maybe it was just coincidence, but in retrospect, I suspect not. I think Freddy was a closet Trekie.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

9 bucks ( whatever that is ) could have bought something more worthwhile surely ? a couple of beers ?

• hoser
    hoser

You won’t have to worry about retirement before Armageddon because you’ll be dead of old age

This is the stuff my parents and grandparents bought into and changed our family dynamics for 4 fucked up generations( or is it just one overfuckinglapping generation?)

• blondie
    blondie

There are other flubs regarding 2000 here as well:

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/quotes/20th-century-2000.php

Watchtower 1989 Jan 1 p.12
    "He was laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century."

(The 1989 Watchtower used the term "in our 20th century" in the magazine, but this was changed to "in our day" for the bound volume and subsequent CD library. Click on the thumbnails to compare the magazine version to the bound volume.)

watchtower magazine - in our 20th centurywatchtower 1989 jan 1 page 12 Bound Volume - in our day

• Biahi
    Biahi

I want that set!! To show my mom!! How h

much do you want for it?

• Chook
    Chook

I personally wouldn’t give them a penny for any fairy tales of watchtower land. Cult indoctrination hasn’t changed for centuries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit