New job blues

by Jayk 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Jayk
    Jayk
    Finally just got a really good job, I'm learning a trade and I love it.. Its been a long time coming without any help from my family. I'm in my late 20s finally about to be able to provide for myself. It feels great but I still feel in missing something. Any suggestions/advice for someone that you wish you where told when you where my age or going thru the same thing? I don't drink or smoke, my hobbies are exercise, drawing, and video games. I realised the other day my 3 hobbies are things I do by myself. Im so anti social it's kinda depressing.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Suggestions? You have already personally concluded what I would suggest: Make friends. REAL FRIENDS.

And, pursue your career to the fullest. Late 20s? Invest. Start saving for your retirement. Armageddon is NOT coming soon. It will not bail you out before your retirement age.

Good luck!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    jayk - I still feel in missing something.

That may be because the jobos promised so much, built up your expectaions and then, in true cult style, failed to deliver.

As my friends over in America might say, 'Don't sweat it.'

Things in life bore us. We get excited about this and that. Perhaps we even get a mania about it. In the end, everything becomes boring.

Just enjoy the now. When you get to my age, the now is running out fast.

• Jayk
    Jayk
    It's been a struggling for a long time because I had zero self worth. My imagine of the witnesses is very blurred because my mom. Since I and my uncles don't submitt to being a JW, my mom says we all have a problem with authority..
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    jayk - my mom says we all have a problem with authority

In reality, we should ALL have a problem with authority. That is because authority is the problem.

I wouldn't worry too much. Many people feel the same but won't say...hiding behind a visage of confidence hilst dying inside.

We follow society like sheeple. In reality, society is just made up nonsense.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Of course you feel like something is missing, you just lost your family because of the religion, a job isn't going to replace that, even for an introvert.

It will get easier as time goes on, you will make friends and eventually have a family of your own. For now just focus on putting one foot in front of the other and take advantage of any opportunities to meet new people.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Jayk:

Wishing you success with your new "life."

Of course you feel like something is missing, you just lost your family because of the religion, a job isn't going to replace that, even for an introvert. -- LisaRose

Yesterday, and quite by accident, I ran into a relative by marriage (Thanksgiving, USA). He has recently lost his family (my family by blood) and said there is no closure, given the circumstances. It is not about religion. He's really broken up yet told me about his new friends, some of whom I met (street people).

Like him, I've had to make new "family" because mine have abandoned me. Weird but good, having dinner last night with new friends, all their family there, loving and hugging and sharing. My relative and I have that in common . . . and you, too, now . . . making new family.

Hang in there.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JAY K:

So, your mother said you and your uncles have a "problem with authority" because you don't submit to the JWs?? You are all adults I presume.

I have a problem with Jehovah's Witnesses or ANY other religion's ASSERTION of authority. They are just men trying to set themselves up as princes over other people. They want an easy life.

Yeah, tell your mom I said the JWs and all religions can go stuff themselves and have no business claiming "authority" over anybody. They wish.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

At least one of your hobbies can be taken outside where you could meet people. Exercise - you could join a gym or a basketball team or soccer team or something like that.

In our area even your other two hobbies can be taken out to meet similar interested ones. They have drawing "lessons" and the local comic book stores have video game buses outside where you can go and play along side others.

As for authority - if you are a law abiding citizen then you obviously have no problem with authority. Not allowing people to tell you how to think and what to do without any good reason is not a problem with authority. It is self respect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit