Surviving

by New day 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• New day
    New day

I have recently read 1984 by George Orwell and also read a reference on the Beroean Pickets site to a post on freeminds.org on "1984 and Big Mother". The freeminds article is quite old now but nonetheless holds true about how Witnesses like myself have to resort to extremely elastic thinking to make sense of everything we read and hear these days at the meetings. We have to "gain a series of victories over our memories" as we know we were taught certain things that we must now "unlearn" like the absolute certainty about what the generation of Matt. 24 means. So depressing as I have to continue as if nothing has changed, for family reasons. Harder and harder to find anything I can comment on at the meetings.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hang in there New Day. It will get easier. Always remember that you are now in the light and out of the darkness.

Even a faithful elderly sister who is still a very dear friend (in our last congregation) regularly told me, "Just keep your mouth shut and act dumb, because that's how the org wants you to be!"

The wisdom of grey-headedness!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit