The Big House Forced Exodus

by ttdtt 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Long video I guess addressing the many HARD FEELINGS of people getting the AXE at Brooklyn and other facilities.

The gist is - thanks for your help, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Or scripturally saying - "keep warm and well fed"
    p.s. they are admitting that the are letting OLDER ones go.

http://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODProgramsEvents/pub-jwbrd_201605_5_VIDEO

• truthlover
    truthlover

Been going on for past two years, its now that they are owing up to it, and giving all the credit to Jehovah!!!

How blessed they are, especially the 50 and 60 year olds who have given their lives to the organization - what a helping hand up and out the door

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I found it sad how they spent 45 min talking about how - "don't worry, you will use you again" - but not one word on how they will pay for food or housing, how they will be able to live outside of bethel?

Do they think that will appease the hard feelings?

It will make up for the "come to bethel as your career, this will be your home"

How can they rationalize that this isn't exactly the scripture that says "keep warm and well fed" ?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

They don't care how the ones are "warm and well fed." The only thing they are worried about is that they themselves are "warm and well fed."

So many gave up careers, kids, marriage, etc., to sacrifice and spend their lives in Bethel service. Now where are they to return? Back to the congregation, for the rank and file to take care of. Like others have mentioned, the money and benefits only go one way...to the top. So much for the sacrifice.

• Room 215
    Room 215

He hit the nail on the head when he said "we're an organization built on change."

"All generous giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or the slightest hint of change."... NET Bible, James 1:17

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    The "funniest" part of the entire talk. The entire outline was dealing with change and changes are good. Then at the end, he stated we know Jehovah is always there for us. He never changes! Huh! Jehovah never changes? Well his org. sure does!
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

When they get desperate to find help (money) to support these penniless bethel "retirees" the d-a'd and d-effed may find themselves approached. They could have the honor of being Bethel Burden Bearers.

Marina

• sparky1
    sparky1

JEHOVAH thanks you for your years of loyal service. Now don't let 'the door hit you on the way out'!

• CaramelQueen57
    CaramelQueen57
    The treatment of these older ones, many of whom have no social security, since they never worked outside Bethel, they have no marketable job skills, and if they do, who is going to hire someone in their 60's, 70's or beyond. The only jobs available MIGHT be in a child daycare for the ladies, what are the older gentlemen going to do? No severence package, no medical insurance, nothing is being offer to these folks being kicked out of Bethel, and now they want to present a Watchtower talking about 'don't talk against the brothers' WTH!?! You want to slap people in the face and have them smile about it?!? This is horrible.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TOESUP and IOWNMYLIFE:

I agree that the religion is going to expect the r&f to support these people!

I hate being right but this is just what I figured would happen. This ugliness is going to get real in the congregations. Pity the poor rank & file Witnesses. They have always been hit up for money now and then for every deadbeat in the religion, including pioneers "who didn't count the cost", plus when the CO would visit...etc.

NOW, they are going to be saddled with people who are EXPECTING to be totally taken care of...This mentality is totally unsustainable, especially since there are fewer responsible working people nowadays in the Witness religion! The irony of this is that the people who will be hit up for money were criticized for working in the first place.

I used to be one of those working people who was criticized and I'm glad I'm not there anymore...Nobody's passing any hat around to ME...Hopefully, brothers with businesses will employ these people. I wish them luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit