Leah Remini talks about her new book - October 30, 2015 at 10:00pm Eastern Time - on ABC News 20/20

by Faithful Witness 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

First Look at Leah Remini Exclusive: 'Being Critical of Tom Cruise Is Being Critical of Scientology Itself'

ABC News

Actress Leah Remini reveals in an exclusive interview with ABC News ”20/20” how Tom Cruise was one of the factors that led her to break from the Church of Scientology.

“Being critical of Tom Cruise is being critical of Scientology itself… you are evil,” Remini told ABC’s Dan Harris in a new promotional clip from the interview.

Remini, 45, describes how she and her family joined the Church when she was a young girl, built a successful acting career in Hollywood while being a diligent Scientologist, and how she eventually decided to sever ties with the Church.

“As time goes on, you start to lose touch with the real world. The mindset becomes ‘Us against them,’” Remini said. “The decision to leave is you are giving up everything you have ever known and everything you have worked for your whole life.”

The actress also details her 30-year association with the Church in her new memoir, “Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology.”

“I feel that people need to understand this has been my whole life,” Remini said “I want them to understand how it happens.”

Watch the exclusive ABC News interview with Leah Remini on “20/20,” Friday, Oct. 30 at 10 p.m. ET.

https://gma.yahoo.com/first-look-leah-remini-exclusive-being-critical-tom-100000667--abc-news-celebrities.html#

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi
    Watching it right now, west coast, errie feeling of the similarities with JW/WT, "certain terminology" used & if against your labeled as an "apostate" & when children sign a "billionaire contract" sounds like being baptized as a JW signing a lifetime contact with the WT... very interesting... thanks for the heads up
  • WireRider
    WireRider

Recap:

It was interesting. I think it is educational when you listen to other's religions, and recognize that you have a personal bias based on how you were raised, and make an effort, an educational evaluation, and an open mind.

With that said - the Scientologists are full of SH*T.

Some thoughts in no particular order -

I think Leah Remini has an ax to grind. She does. I don't doubt her honesty. Listening with that awareness. I think some of of the letter responses from Scientology were very telling. I'm sure they read and re-read their statements many times before mailing them.

I can't count how many 100 of times I heard the words "Church" and "religion". I don't ever remember a single time I heard the word God. Church, Church, Church, religion, religion, religion - no God. (they have transcended the WT and have dispensed with any pretext of religion or God - and go straight for money and enslaved labor)

Kirstie Alley quote "When you decide to blanket statement that Scientology is evil - you are my enemy", So if the WT rails with hate speech about Christian Churches, forbidding anyone from every attending one as they evil. That would pretty much say that each and every JW/WT has 2.2 billion bitter enemies.

The Scientologist are as far from an Armageddon cult as possible. The firmly believe in reincarnation. The sign a "billion year" contract - so you can serve them for your next 1000000 reincarnations.

"Disfellowshipped = Disconnect". Disconnect also comes between spouses.

I think a good moment was when everything hit the fan - she left - but here entire family went with her in unison - many who were in Scientology their whole lives. Way to take a stand!

I remember L.R. Hubbard lived for many years on his boat, just outside of US coastal water, because he was charge with very serious tax evasion charges. He couldn't come within 15 miles of shore or he would be arrested.

The highlight of the ENTIRE show was that as Leah reached higher levels, she was increasing able to access more internal private "Church" documents. S h e r e a d h i g h l e v e l "Church Documents" t h a t s a i d Xune t h e galactic overlord took enemies and smote them by throwing them into a volcano, where they were exploded in to bits, and those individual bits re-incarnated and separately all became each member of the human race. (remember L R Hubbard was a science fiction writer) The news interview people asked Scientolgy to confirm Xenu - the formal response was "every religion has it's own internal practices and private beliefs".

HFS/WTF - Tom Cruise, Kirstie Alley, John Travolta, and every one else honestly believe that Xune the Galactic Overlord is who they worship. All hail Xune. Really?

Not to be rude - but that is how 2.2 billion Catholic/Protestants have the same view of the JW/WT.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I thought it was interesting how she mentioned that it was a huge crime for a Scientologists to search to Google search and read anything unfavorable about Scientology.

She also mentioned the Scientologist practice Shunning or "Disconnection" of anyone who leaves their organization.

• KiddingMe
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Saw the interview and at least more information is coming out about this cult of deception, control and corruption.

What has to be realized is that Hubbard wanted to sell more of his literature to make more money for himself so he incorporated an aspect of self help to his writings and combined it with imaginary science fiction.

Since Hubbard had to go through psychiatric help at one point in his life, he thought he knew something or enough about human psychology that he himself could sell and promote.

The ending or eventual endeavor to all of this was the driving accumulation and cultivation of money, it was Hubbard's core agenda and it still is within the Scientology organization as it exists today. $$$

I also noticed that Leah's mother got involved in the cult after she was divorced and in a weak and venerable emotional state.

Sound familiar ?

Scientology makes the majority of its money from the sales of those supposed self help books and videos and they are very expensive. $$$ So there you have a highly controlled system of people who are watched closely to what they say about the organization selling and promoting the products Scientology creates.

Sound familiar ?

The other inherent part of the corruption of this organization is that it calls itself a church and its places the symbolic Cross of Christianity on top of its buildings.

This cult has nothing to do with Christianity at all, but it took on the legal identity of a church so it wouldn't have to pay taxes, yet it sells and produces products with a high for profit price tag on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit