EX JW 12 Steps: Step 1

by Victor 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Victor
    Victor

Step 1. We admitted we were powerless under a tyrannical man made mindset to which we surrendered our power and self determination. Our self honesty and need to rescue our sanity led us to fade, walk away, or disfellowship our slave masters.

Jehovah's Witnesses are nothing more than a business enterprise set up by, C.T. Russell, a self proclaimed evangelizer who had God selected to advertise his divine plan. He and his small group of religious zealots created followers of followers who would blindly enslave others to this mindset.

I wrote this article circa 1995 and it is still relevant as it was then.

http://www.jwfiles.com/wt_professional_look_at_jws/threat_social.htm

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

@victor

Very well summarised. 👏👏

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent article. I notice the copyright has expired. Thanks for sharing.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Victor: Knowing you before you left the org made that last bit about your marriage life even more sad for me than I usually feel reading other's stories. Knowing that my own father was probably one of the ones telling your wife to divorce you, just heartbreaking and disappointing.

I'm glad you're still around and sorry you had to go through all that.

I was never able to get that picture of you and I laughing on the couch in my old trailer. My folks don't talk to me anymore, so it's virtually impossible to get.

Still some good memories though and I'm glad to see you're still living life.

• Victor
    Victor

@ Jehalapeno I sent you a pm.

@ Vanderhoven no worries I've given blanket approval to use my content to anyone who wishes

@ Lost in the fog thanks

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VICTOR;

I read your 1995 article about the Witnesses and it is very good...you raised many points.

It is especially true what you said that “a recruit is not told it is a one-way ticket to a regimented life”. Yes, the religion doesn’t give anybody an honorable way to leave ..and they just want to ruin their life and make them suffer..Very vindictive!..So, is it any wonder there are all these escapees and faders?.. People have to hide and not answer their doors or change their phone numbers, etc.

Also what you said about Baby Boomers who are ignorant about technology, etc. is true in some cases..I’m the one who refused to quit my job so at least that doesn’t apply to me. But, it is sad about these JWs who have reached retirement age unprepared because they were conned into believing Armageddon was coming and they supposedly didn’t need a career or an IRA.

I’m glad I never fell for this. In fact, when I came in the ‘70s all the older people were collecting their pensions. So, obviously, THEY were in the workforce!

Glad I left years ago.

• Victor
    Victor

@ Longhairgal it’s voluntary sacrifice to a theology created by societal outcasts. I’m glad to know you never gave up your common sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit