In person shepherding

by road to nowhere 5 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Since the resumption field service letter NOW my shutin wife gets a call that a group will stop by to visit AFTER service. Same pattern as old, finish out time. Where were they before when she was having mental breakdown without nary a phone call.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

In the past I heard it termed, "Our internal ministry," by an elder who didn't want to actually go in the D2D. It was as you say a way to finish out time. And it makes their monthly report look good and either get or keep an appointment so they can be looked up at in awe at by the rest of the rank and file.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Just don't answer the door. When they come around.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere
    For congregations it's all about time you write down. For GB it's all about money you donate. If agape hade a price tag. Boy would this people promote it.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Just don't answer the door. When they come around."

Great idea ! this is not even rude, they invited themselves, they are unwanted.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

A couple came complete with masks. Had a nice visit. You have to realize my wife is pimi and needs some contact. Maybe I should have cslled a visit as it wasnt really a sheparding call. My dismay is it took 2 years or more to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit