The Kingdom—100 Years of Freemasonic Propaganda

by jwdoctrine 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jwdoctrine
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Has anyone seen a GBs ring to see what if anything is engraved on it?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

What is with the constant obsession to tie the WTS to Free Masons? Like it even matters!

• Saename
    Saename

LostGeneration, I understand your frustration. I don't quite get it either.

I don't get it especially because I'm a skeptic. I don't believe in things just because someone tells me what happened. Especially when it comes to history, a subject I like to learn about. I was never able to find (relatively) unbiased and reliable sources to confirm or disconfirm the hypothesis that Russel created the Watchtower that was allegedly linked to the Freemasons.

I am no Watchtower sympathizer, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna believe every single statement against the Watchtower.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Agree.

Like the obsession with seeing things in images in the WT publications, this kind of thing makes some ex-JW's look bat shit crazy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Frankly, from what I've read about them, I have a much higher opinion of the Freemasons than I do the WTS.

Trying to link the two does the Masons a disservice.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Russell was in fact from the research I have done was I believe a 32nd degree Master Mason. The original Watchtower mags did have the Crown and Cross on them. Current JWS are not permitted to belong to any of the Masonic organizations. My theory is that is a lot of money and time that could be going to the borg. Oh yeah the explanation I always got from the Elder but I tuned him out was something along the line about Babylon blah blah blah. So I would just join another group and do more Masonic stuff.

The pinky rings the GB wear are NOT Masonic rings. If you are interested go to Ebay look for Masonic rings male or female MHO they are all huge. I only wear the pins they are big enough (to big)!! But sorta required jewelry.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Freemasonry has evolved over the years, just like any religion. So, it doesn't seem that there is much in common between JWism and the Free Masons.

If you go back in time and look at Zionism, Free Masonry, and Adventist type movements, they have much in common. It's easy to see how "Sacred Geometry" influenced CTR. He's not the only religious founder in that category either.

Why the pinkie rings? I have no idea. I've never known a heterosexual male who wore a f***ing pinkie ring. That's food for thought.

Maybe the rings are awarded to high ranking dubs, who protect pedophilia? Sounds harsh, but a "Pedo-ring" for Pedos would make sense.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit