Could the WT teach, "kill gay people" and claim freedom of religion?

by Bad_Wolf 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Could the WT publish articles about how gay people should be killed and if a friend or family member turns out to be gay, that they should kill them and if they don't they will die at Armageddon, etc?

I always see the argument that WT can never be liable or lawsuit about shunning because, 'Nobody is forced to shun'. 'Shunning is a personal choice'. So could the same be said if they start teaching to kill gay people that they didn't force them too and it was a personal choice of anybody who acts on it? What is the difference?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

A good question to ask the Governing Body in court:

Where they stand with Jehovah's biblical death penalty for not acting right(preconceive male behavior) and being Gay? Do they feel Jehovah was justified in his hating Gay people and putting them to death? And do they disfellowship a member for being gay?

I see a huge gay lawsuit in the making with a really good law firm. I mean their must be some type of anti cruelty laws being violated in the WT corporation polices of being and acting gay.

I think humanity has matured enough to prosecute religious figures when they don't follow the law.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, they can point to their holy book and say "religion" and even without that, they can just decide it's their belief.

There are religions where people do regularly preach death to gays, death to jews, death to apostates ... but nothing happens to them. Why do you imaging the WTS would be prosecuted for condemning homosexuality as unscriptural and therefore incompatible with their beliefs?

Do they feel Jehovah was justified in his hating Gay people and putting them to death?

Who cares. Are you going to prosecute some 2,000 year old imaginary deity and the people long-dead who followed it?

I think humanity has matured enough to prosecute religious figures when they don't follow the law.

What law? The imaginary "always say nice things and wave rainbow flags" law?

Hate speech has been deemed protected by the first amendment. Good luck overthrowing that so you can prosecute some mildly conservative leaning traditionalist christian group.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Could the WT teach, "kill gay people" and claim freedom of religion?

Only if an Idiot was in charge of the Legal System..

A Church cannot be held responsible for what has said if it is in the promotion of their truly held religious beliefs.....Richard Oliver
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

They probably could as long as know one actually went out and did it.

• Simon
    Simon
    They probably could as long as know one actually went out and did it.

I think you'd have a hard time proving that they were liable for giving any sort of "command" to kill someone unless they actually did. Preaching that "god hates gays and wants them dead" is not enough to find them guilty of someone else's actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit