19 years out and happy as can be

by Thechickennest 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

It's been 19 years since I resigned from the WT organization. No regrets. Still have ex-inlaws in. Every couple of years I investigate sites that help good folks get out. I am totally agast at the brutal dishonesty of the WT. Still revising thier doctrine to suit themselves. Now, they discourage thier sales force to not read just the Bible, only thier publications. Worst of all they lie, coverup child abuse. No regrets here getting out and staying out!

• Mum
    Mum

Congratulations! Freedom is great, isn't it? I have been out since 1979. I am not in touch with any present JW's because I moved far away. I had a pre-JW childhood, so I wasn't so traumatized. My family are not JW's. Believe it or not, both of my parents became JW's after I quit. They are both deceased now, so no JW's are left in my family. When I was a JW, there were no child abuse scandals (as far as I know) or other things that go on now. My big issue was 1975 -- that and an unhappy JW marriage.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Out now since 1983, so glad I didn’t waste any more time than I did in this cult, successfully raised a daughter out of the organization. My JW family doesn’t say a word about her, because you know what they think about “worldly “ people. Yet my daughter is the epitome of a good woman. She turns 30 next month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit