Why are members of the G.B worshipped?

by The Rebel 35 Replies latest jw friends

• fulano
    fulano
    I am afraid I don't understand the point you are making, sorry.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

I started this O.P with a humourrous look at a member of the G.B. Now I will be more direct and give an example showing HOW the flock worship the G.B:-

many children do not like sitting through long religious meetings each week, they do so because the parents are " ventriloquists" of the G.B, and therefore say " you have got to go to the meetings" if that is not worshipping the G.B then I for the life of me don't know what is.

Answering the WHY to my O.P " why are members of G.B is worshipped", I can only answer as a former witness, and say the whole thing is a bit Monty Python to me.

The Rebel

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LongHairGal - "...I became a JW because I was interested in end-time prophecy..."

Interesting.

I credit an interest in "end-time prophecy" as a partial catalyst for me leaving the JWs (mostly because I realized that as time went on, WT eschatology was becoming less and less plausible).

BTW, are you still interested in that subject?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FULANO:

The point I'm making is that I didn't buy Witness divine claims and was possibly more skeptical than other JWs... Therefore, I was not a GB worshipper like other JWs are.

VIDIOT:

Yes. I was interested in end-of-the-world prophecy and Witnesses made themselves out to have found "answers" other religions didn't. Of course, I now know this is bunk. I can see how, ironically, interest in prophecy can make a person leave. And, no, I'm not interested in the subject anymore.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ LongHairGal...

It's quite a load off when you realize you don't have to be anymore, isn't it?

• fulano
    fulano
    Lhg....ok. I just wrote this as what happened, not what I believe now, you got that I hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit