Psalm 23

by Truthexplorer 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Truthexplorer
  • TheLiberator
    TheLiberator
    Never appreciated this Psalm as much as I do now. Very personal.
  • oppostate
    oppostate

Last thought in Psalm 23: "Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever," sounds like maybe heavenly hopes after some peaceful "all days" of ones life.

So...

I've got a question. How does "You can live forever on paradise earth" jive with Hebrews 9:27?

If Rutherford declared that "millions now living will never die" and are now pretty much all dead, then isn't Hebrews 9:7 more likely than the misguided hopes in JW doctrine to never die and live through Armageddon?

• TheLiberator
    TheLiberator

The context of Hebrews reads:

Hebrews: 9. 24. For Christ hasn't entered into holy places made with hands, which are representations of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25. nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest enters into the holy place year by year with blood not his own, 26. or else he must have suffered often since the foundation of the world. But now once at the end of the ages, he has been revealed to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27. Inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once, and after this, judgment,

So Paul was simply saying that Christ died once for all time since "it is appointed for men to die once."

• oppostate
    oppostate
    "Inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once, and after this, judgment,"

Exactly. Jesus, a man, died, like all men die and after death then they are judged.

As in psalm 23, all the days of one's life, once they end, a person has finished his life-course but then one may dwell in the house of the Lord, in heaven, for ever.

Is there any other way to read that? Explain.

• baker
    baker

but, I heard we had a 2nd chance with up to 1000 years to study...

• TheLiberator
    TheLiberator
    The Psalmist simply stated in Psalm: 23:6 "and I will dwell in Yahweh's house forever."
    It was certainly his desire and his longing. But is he speaking of heaven?
    This was a fascinating discovery for me personally after leaving the Watchtower and it was something I always thought about even before I left. It was this: Nowhere does the old testament teach that anyone is going to heaven. Every scripture speaks of God restoring the earth. Then Jesus appeared. When did Jesus start telling people that they would not die and go off to heaven? Never.
    The Jews never believed that. If Jesus had introduced this thought, this would have been a huge upheaval. Rather, he said the "meek shall inherit the earth". He told the evildoer that he would be with him in paradise. Even Paul said concerning children: "Ephesians: 6. 3. "that it may be well with you, and you may live long on the earth."
    There never was a two tier system. Paul never said anyone was going to heaven. But of course he did!! That's what I thought. Read his words again with no preconceived ideas. Not once.
    I encourage people to do research into this. I could not possibly explain all of it in this forum. But it certainly is fascinating. My personal conclusion is simply that no man will go to heaven. He will be judged when he is resurrected on earth. I believe God meant what he said:Psalm: 115. 16. "The heavens are the heavens of Yahweh; but the earth has he given to the children of men."
  • jhine
    jhine

Rev 21 :1-5 talks about a new heaven and a new earth . " And there was no longer any sea " end of verse l .The word sea is sometimes seen as being the heavens .

" I saw the Holy City , Jerusalem coming down out of Heaven from God ......................Now the dwelling of God is with men and he will live with them " vs 2-3 .

So these verses could be saying that heaven and earth will be made new as one place and men and God will all be together .

Jan

• menrov
    menrov
    In my view only the apostles will be on thrones (24 in total) . Other 12 for patriarchs. All others ? Somewhere but not on thrones. Can be heaven can be elsewhere. Just my view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit