Dating with a guy

by Renee86 5 Replies latest social relationships

• Renee86
    Renee86

Hi,

If you date a JW guy do you say to each other you are actually dating or courting?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

If you are not a JW and he is, it could be the biggest mistake of your life. JW's are only supposed to "see" other JW's. If he still says he is a JW and has JW family, then he will still want to please them and most likely would not tell them he is seeing a non-JW. Dating like this is a complete no-no for them. If you really like this guy and it actually leads to marriage, there's a chance he will try to get you to become a JW. If you don't convert and he continues as a JW, there will be many problems in your marriage. You can read countless stories of JW/Non-JW couples and the lousy marriages they are stuck in on this forum.

My advice is to run for your life while you can.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, terminate and run for your sanity!

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    run for your life while you can.

Unless the JW guy is PIMO... sometimes that kind of guy is looking for an excuse to get out fully.

• St George of England
    St George of England

My advice is to run for your life while you can.

Yes, terminate and run for your sanity!

The two best pieces of advice you will ever hear!

George

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

Neither. You go on group dates, which you call 'hanging out' until you are engaged and then you can go on chaperoned dates up until you get married. That is what happens if you are a 'by the book' JW. If you are a more typical JW... you have the side you show the JWs and the side that enjoys itself. So you group date for the JWs and they are never the wiser (about your actual dates on the sly) until you rush into a wedding.

But you never call any of it 'courting' nor 'dating'.

Well, that's how it was in my day, anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit