You must not say Gee, Gee wiz, or Golly

by Truth and Justice 19 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsObfuscate
    mrsObfuscate

There was an older sister in our congregation as kids who would reprimand us if we said "Damn!" Always thought this was over the top and wanted to educate her about all of the far worse "swear words" we could be using.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    Better not say WHAT THE FUCK either!
  • SAHS
    SAHS

“Truth and Justice”: She says, "I know, but we're told not to say those things."

That just sums it all up. Millions of JWs blindly comply with all of those myriads of petty little rules just because, as they will say, “We’re told not to by the faithful and discreet slave” (whatever the issue may be, such as not saying “good luck,” or “gesundheit” or “bless you” after someone sneezes, throwing rice or confetti at weddings, toasting, etc., etc.). And that’s it. JWs are too scared to even question the governing body whatsoever. It’s the same kind of thinking where if the governing body says “jump,” then they’ll just automatically say, “How high?”

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

I too grew up in the 60's and 70's when you could not say the G word. However......this was one of our favorite TV shows, including my elder father's!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSpBwt4hFN8

This still makes me ROFL!!!

• clarity
    clarity

I never did say gosh, golly or gee wiz ...do you want to hear what I say now?

• fiddler
    fiddler

Not watching Indiana Jones because of the scene involving the name Jehovah! I never heard of that but I am going to assume that The Life of Brian was also off limits for At Least the stoning scene 😆 And how about the very wholesome movie Pollyanna? Had a great hell fire and damnation sermon in it where the name Jehovah was invoked. Whatever, all the Petty rules dished out at meetings, assemblies and or just by holier than thou elderettes was so repressive and ridiculous!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You must not say Gee, Gee wiz, or Golly

.....................................................BUT .....

.............YOU CAN SUPPORT WATCHTOWER GLOBAL GENOCIDE..

https://orthocath.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/armageddon.jpg

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    The ungodly women in Outlaw's pic are screaming fuuuuuuuck !!!!!!!!
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Every time I hear that word Shazam , I expect Captain Marvel to appear , he never does , just like Jesus.

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Even as a kid, I always scratched my head over the admonishment to not say "golly", "gosh", or "gee".

Why get after us about saying words that nobody used outside of Archie comics, anyway?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit