So... Are they done printing the number of partakers?

by thedepressedsoul 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nugget
    nugget

I remember that this used to be a key statistic since it would reduce each year and was a way of determining how close we were to the end. It has become a source of ridicule in recent years as the number keeps increasing despite the repeated claims that the number is complete and places would only be available if an annointed is removed.,

However when the GB contains people in their 50s it makes this all increasingly ridiculous.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

yes,they will not number the partakers anymore , here's why,

only 144000 men are chosen.

women, who are never part of the 144000, but may somehow be 'anointed' or chosen by god.

[scriptures anyone to support that?]

are Not numbered .

as we all know, women are overly emotional mentally unbalanced creatures,

and never know if they are or are not anointed. lol

Yes I have new light.lol

IN review

women are unnumbered, belong to the other sheep, and men are of the 144000.

so no one really knows how many men already have died.

PROBLEM SOLVED .

• fulano
    fulano
    If they don't know the real number how can they say it is not accurate?
  • atomant
    atomant
    Maybe the 144000 figure can now be overlapped. Just sayin.Thems gb's seen the light again.
  • fulano
    fulano
    Well the light's on but there's nobody home in Brooklyn or wherever they live nowadays.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

As Fulano said, how can anyone make any comment on the accuracy or inaccuracy of the current partakers in the WTBTS? What if:

1) Almost ZERO 1st Century Xians made the cut, or Xians of the subsequent centuries also failed? ( Boozerford anyone?? ) If that was the case, which no one can know according to the WTBTS, then the current number is likely far too low.

2) Maybe all the teenage MS were flogging the dolphin instead of counting? Perhaps their hard day of home-schooling ( watching naughty movies! ☺️ ) left them exhausted and they just guesstimated??

3) Perhaps, as some have related through personal anecdotes, A-hole Eldubs have decided not to count certain partakers, believing them to be mental?

How could you ever hope to have an accurate number? Also, is the dwindling number of "genuine partakers" no longer one of the "Six Convincing Lines Of Evidence" that the END is nigh???

Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

DD

• Dont_Believe_The_Truth
    Dont_Believe_The_Truth

I also think that they will stop printing the number.

I was thinking about these two WT articles... Imagine trying to explain the whole 144000 concept to an interested person... It just really doesn't make any sense - especially telling them that only the anointed can partake at the memorial - but some who do partake won't be actually proper anointed ones - they are just mentally unstable - but we don't know who is really anointed and who is mentally unstable - but we can't judge anyone - and they aren't allowed to talk about it much... I mean what the???

DBTT

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

I am going to throw my hand in with the side speculating that the Stat is going to be dropped - its annual egg on their faces.

Even still-in's are quipping : " The little flock is becoming the Great Crowd" -

• Simon
    Simon

The idea that 144,000 Christians weren't already filled before 1914 is laughable. Many estimates put the number of Christians martyred during Roman times well about 100,000 so that means a few tens of thousands for all the centuries between then and 1914.

The WTS believes that people who were believers to the point of dying for their faith were insincere fakes but the few who turn up once a year, sip some wine and munch on a cracker in THEIR name are the real deal.

I think believing you've been chosen by god is a sign of mental illness and / or indoctrination, possibly one the enabler of the other. No normal person thinks of being anything but human (OK, or maybe Spiderman).

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

I feel that some have missed something important (as did all those at my hall). Stating the number of the anointed left alive was another time prophecy due to is direct linking and often quoted date of 1935 being the end of sealing of the 144,000. Due making the statement that the real number of anointed is unknown, they have effective distanced themselves from it. As those a bit older may remember, how any times did we hear that the end was coming very soon because of the fast dwindling 'number'. It also can be used to explain how members of the GB on the body despite being born after 1935.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit