So... Are they done printing the number of partakers?

by thedepressedsoul 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    The Watchtower study article did not say the number was inaccurate. The OP said Witnesses anssering during the Watchtower study saidbit was inaccurate.

"Therefore,the number of partakers does not accurately indicate the number of anointed ones left on earth" -

That's from their Watchtower! How is them not saying it's inaccurate? They are saying it is not accurate.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

It seems that they often lay the groundwork for a planned change years in advance so that when they make a change, all the JWs think "It's about time they did that!" and their faith isn't rattled. They think they thought of it first and that this is a sign that they are connected with god because they anticipated a change that his organization eventually made. If someone were to get wind of an organizational change that they don't expect, they want to understand why - they look for a reason for the change. If they have a reason for a change ahead of hearing of the change, they're more likely to accept that the reason they already have is the true reason for the change.

In this case, they print an article or two that elicits answers talking about how the stats are wrong, then they stop printing the numbers and everyone says "that makes sense" and not "they're trying to hide something." Instead of people looking for the reason they stopped printing the numbers (which might entail looking at the past numbers and causing them to question things) they'll just accept the reason given.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks thedepressed soul. Oops. I stand corrected! I had missed that as a quote and wrongly read it as something a Witness had said at the meeting in their own words.

• Tech49
    Tech49

I caught that same point as well. Yes, I firmly believe they will stop printing the number. They have to. I suspect you wont see it in next years Yearbook. It is meaningless now at this point, and they have just admitted it. This will go quietly away, and no one will say a word about it.

You watch, the 144,000 number will be next. It will be announced as figurative, and not literal.

The light grows ever brighter!

• LettMorrisSplaneit
    LettMorrisSplaneit
    The reason why they've printed the number of "annointed" is because it used to be an indication of how close we were to "the end".The fewer annointed remmant the closer we were to the "great tribulation" but now with the number going up the last few years it doesn't fit their agenda.
  • Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

I was more disturb that the WT mentioned that some who partake "may have mental or emotional problems " ... Insane.... so if you Read & follow Jesus command on John 6: 51..."if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever, ..." & partake of the emblems & wine we are the ones with "mental & emotional problems?"

The whole article was awkward, paragraph 5 & 6 the WT is placing a gag order on partakers... don't talk about it, if your going to do it don't mention it to others & if the other see someone partaking don't ask them about it!!!! Wow, just Wow..... yeah I see them putting an asterisk by the yr book partakers #s that this # may not reflect accurately "true anointed christians" NEW LIGHT! ;)

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Thanks thedepressed soul. Oops. I stand corrected! I had missed that as a quote and wrongly read it as something a Witness had said at the meeting in their own words.

No worries bro

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    I caught that same point as well. Yes, I firmly believe they will stop printing the number. They have to. I suspect you wont see it in next years Yearbook. It is meaningless now at this point, and they have just admitted it. This will go quietly away, and no one will say a word about it.
    You watch, the 144,000 number will be next. It will be announced as figurative, and not literal.
    The light grows ever brighter!

You know what, if they stop printing the number of anointed, they can leave the 144,000 as literal. No one will have a clue how many are actually partaking. Hardly anyone knows of anointed now so they can keep it a literal number as long as they want now.

Holy crap, I think this was another layer of them bashing the number. Next step is to remove it from print which allows them to keep it literal with zero questions asked.. It's a win/win for them

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

The number of partakers is not an accurate reflection of the number of anointed . . .

Yay, the WT finally got something right! Even if it's just them trying to and save face.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    I was more disturb that the WT mentioned that some who partake "may have mental or emotional problems " ... Insane.... so if you Read & follow Jesus command on John 6: 51..."if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever, ..." & partake of the emblems & wine we are the ones with "mental & emotional problems?"
    The whole article was awkward, paragraph 5 & 6 the WT is placing a gag order on partakers... don't talk about it, if your going to do it don't mention it to others & if the other see someone partaking don't ask them about it!!!! Wow, just Wow..... yeah I see them putting an asterisk by the yr book partakers #s that this # may not reflect accurately "true anointed christians" NEW LIGHT! ;)

Yea they stripped any "perks" that came from claiming you are anointed. The first move was removing them as the Faithful and Discreet Slave. After this article, there's nothing special left besides eating/drinking the wine and bread.

The top 7 only want the glory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit