So... Are they done printing the number of partakers?

by thedepressedsoul 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

During the WT study yesterday I had a confused look on my face the whole meeting. More of a, WTF, face.

One paragraph says, "Therefore,the number of partakers does not accurately indicate the number of anointed ones left on earth.". Then the review question asks, "Why should we not be worried about the number of those who eat the bread and drink the wine at the Memorial?—Rom. 9:11, 16.".

You had JW's commenting the whole meeting about how the number of partakers is inaccurate and not a true number of the actual anointed.

So either come the 2017 Year Book the number of partakers is gone or everyone will just think it's an inaccurate number. If they keep it, why even print it then? Your own publication says it's inaccurate and now your members think it's inaccurate. So are they just admitting the number is a load of crap and if so, why print it all now?

That was the most confused I've been at a meeting in a long time. Heck the generation teaching makes more sense then this article.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    good point, actually a good subject to speak with them about when I see them at the cart it hasn't appeared at at in the 2016 world wide report and Year Book ?
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    Nothing new. The same has been stated for years - though I admit not as clearly as this time, but still it is nothing new, and the numbers have been printed at the same time. So what's the worry?
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Nothing new. The same has been stated for years - though I admit not as clearly as this time, but still it is nothing new, and the numbers have been printed at the same time. So what's the worry?

They have openly admitted this time though that numbers are inaccurate. In the past they just said "some" may be mentally unstable. I've never heard them say or even worse, print, that the actual number is not correct.

If you told elders a few years ago that the number of anointed is inaccurate and wrong. They would form a JC and DF you on the spot.

• steve2
    steve2

Well, given that the number of partakers has risen year-by-year since around 2006 to just over 15,000, they've got to say something. It increased at the 2015 memorial alone over the 2014 memorial by over 1,000.

Important correction from what a poster or two said above: The Watchtower itself did NOT say the partaker number is inaccurate. Rather, the OP observed Witnesses answering the Watchtower study questions said it was inaccurate.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Well, given that the number of partakers has risen year-by-year since around 2006 to just over 15,000, they've got to say something. It increased at the 2015 memorial alone over the 2014 memorial by over 1,000.

I get that, but they are out right saying the number is false. So the question is, why print it? You now have all JW's thinking and saying how it's false. The number is now completely pointless.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    they only printed a % of partakers not the actual amount?
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    they only printed a % of partakers not the actual amount?

No, they print the actual number.

• steve2
    steve2
    The Watchtower study article did not say the number was inaccurate. The OP said Witnesses anssering during the Watchtower study saidbit was inaccurate.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

It takes a long time for the Society to grasp that a doctrine which has painted the Society into a corner, is no longer taken seriously by the front line troops and the Rank and File. There will be new lite and a 'never mind' as everyone agree's to forgetaboutit.

I imagine they continue to print the number of partakers because it is one of their corporate dogmas that you need to know the numbers........ that knowing the exact numbers makes something real.

It is a number's driven religion so they can't help themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit