Revealing Watchtower tax returns

by Nambo 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Giordano
    Giordano

The WTBTS has to, at the least, operate as if their guiding light comes from being God's representatives on Earth. We can dicker about Trusts and Trustees but when you or I break those ever changing principles we get the ax. I can't smoke a single cigarette in front of the KH or on my front porch, and if seen, avoid being hauled before a judicial.

But they can reap the profits of their Trust's investments in Phillip Morris's cigarette business. Brothers had to go to jail for years but the WT could harvest the profits from dividends generated by companies that built weapons systems.

The Society is guilty of a variety of sins and as we all know it's the sin that's important, however not to the Society when it comes to their followers when it comes to their donations. They are either guilty of sinning out of greed or not.......... that's the only issue under discussion. They made the rules for all of us, they must live by them as well or be known as hypocrites and unworthy of anyone's belief.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    Then say it can't do anything about where this money is invested.

I have no intentions of explaining accounting principles or USA tax laws, I will leave that to an expert. However, what is of more interest to me about this topic and the comments made is:

Where do you think the WT should invest their money?

And when I speak of investment I mean a vehicle that will generate a financial return on the principle.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    I can't accept that Jehovah, God of the Universe, has no choice but to finance his organization through the world's Military Industrial Complex because Mrs. O'Reilly said so.
  • ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Hey everyone.

As much as I dislike the WBTS , I also dislike miss stated info. This video and tax return is from a private family that has created a trust fund to pass to the WBTS at some future date.

This is not an IRS form filed by the Borg.

Just saying. I have had many JWs and Elders lie about me and misrepresent what I have said and done in the past 5 years. Lets try to get it straight.

As soon as we show miss stated facts to the few still in that we would hope to help, their friends and Elders can show we miss stated something just makes it harder the next time.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    It's still tainted money whether the Watchtower made the investments themselves or someone else did it for them. They're like a drug dealer's wife. As long as the money is coming in they're not going to ask any questions. It's the same principle as money laundering. Somehow the money is all clean since someone else is doing the dirty work and they have "no choice" of course but accept the arrangement. Politicians turn down donations from questionable sources all the time. They can too if they are truly 'relying upon Jehovah and not their own understanding' as they say they are.
  • ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Some responses only reveal disdain that has been blinded what ever truth may be.

Yes the Borg is out for money. No it is not run by "God" Yes it is putting out on the streets many who have given

their best years as I have to them.

However, If we take info such as this video as truth that the WBTS invests in Phillip Morris stock or audits any and all trusts would be a mistake.

Lets fight them on the facts. We have plenty of them!

Trump / Palin are full of miss stated BS. We can only build on truth.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley
    jw children can't accept as much as a belated birthday cupcake on the down low without getting in trouble and I am expected to believe the org is forced to accept this?
  • RichardHaley
    RichardHaley
    jw children can't accept as much as a belated birthday cupcake on the down low without getting in trouble and I am expected to believe the org is forced to accept this?
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Using the Corporation's logic, the Colombian Bethel Branch Office could gladly accept financial support from the local drugs cartel.

"That makes sense!" (TM)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Stephen Lett

There is more money going out than there is coming in. One of the recent broadcasts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit