This Completely Batshit Week In British Politics, Explained For Americans

by snugglebunny 6 Replies latest jw friends

• snugglebunny
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Like the link, SB.

TBH, the political elite deserved it. Call it a black eye, bloody nose, kick in the bollocks - whatever, they deserved it. And not just the grey suits in Brussels that snuffle lots of our money each year but the arrogant Westminster elite. Most backed Remain.

The majority of us 'little people' saw things differently. Our voice was finally heard.

There has been lots of nonsense in the Westminster bubble recently about how to proceed - should the result be ignored, should there be another referendum, should people's votes be weighted according to age. The only thing politicians should be doing is working out how and when to extricate us from the EU. That's it.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    That's political analysis for you! 👍👍
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Gove has no chance. just looks like a naughty schoolboy.

prediction: Farage will be invited by labour to stand for them at the Batley by-election. thats a shoe-in. then he will be elected as leader of the labour party. then the goverment will go to the country--and we will have Farage as prime minister. then the shit will hit the fan.

you heard it here first folks.

sorry to all our non-UK readers--some terms ive used might be unfamiliar to you. Shit=natural waste.

• Simon
    Simon

That's a pretty good summary of it all.

I think the UK will remain after a general election is called. When a decision is obviously wrong there's no need to go through with it.

Hopefully some good can come of it - American could learn that having a laugh when voting could result in real disaster if you vote idiot. Big promises are easy, look for people who aren't talking BS.

• blondie
    blondie

I think many US citizens may need a laugh when voting this time. Trump is funny but not funny haha.

• Gargamel
    Gargamel

Simon said, "I think the UK will remain after a general election is called. When a decision is obviously wrong there's no need to go through with it."

I voted to remain in the EU. There were powerful arguments on both sides, so it comes down to which of those arguments resonated with people at an individual level. Now here's the rub (for me). If some misguided politician goes for a second referendum, I would need to think very carefully about which way to vote. This is because I feel that the democratic process needs to take precedence over the will of those who wish to be our lords and masters. Effectively, I could end up voting for the poorer option, because I dislike ignoring the people more than I dislike the thought of leaving the EU. I hope that made sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit