Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses

by Vanderhoven7 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thought this might be interesting for those considering leaving Watchtower religion

https://youtu.be/PJOor9E77g8

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Vanderhoven7:

Thank you! Very interesting video.

Atlantis!

• rickroll
    rickroll

Nothing new but what is great is this is getting in the public eye.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Reddit should get a boost out of this.

RB

• sparky1
    sparky1

Thanks Van. A nice little reminder. I got a kick out of Derek. He is 32 years old and was told he would never finish high school. Funny, I am 64 years old...twice his age and I was told that I would never finish elementary school, then high school, then Armageddon was going to come while I was in Bethel and then before the end of the 20th century. It's amazing to me how this thought process is transferred from generation to generation of Witnesses and no one questions it's validity. I had major doubts before my baptism in the early 70's and spoke to two members of the 'committee' at the time. Both assured me that Armageddon was only a few years away and that I should forget about my doubts and put Jehovah first in my life. I was told that all my doubts would be answered in just a few short years and then we would all be in the 'New System'. One of the Elders that told me this died in 1975 and the other Elder died a few weeks ago at 87 years of age. It won't be too long and I'll be dead, also. The three of us 'never will have gotten out alive'

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VANDERHOVEN:

I watched it...‘Alice’ is probably a classic case of people who no longer believe but who can’t be honest about it because of what will happen to their family relationships. Also, what if they work for a JW or have a business with JW customers? They would have the rug pulled out from under them if they told the truth about everything!

The religion is a nightmare. So glad I’m out and have no family there. All we can hope for is that the massive abuse lawsuits and selloffs of kingdom halls - causing JWs to drive long distances - will make it easier for JWs like ‘Alice’ to fly under the radar and take the spotlight off them.

SPARKY1:

I am glad I never listened to any JW back in the day who said I would never: [take your pick]..in my case I was told “I’d never see that money” by a JW who did my taxes and saw I put money in an IRA...That JW passed away years ago and I am now five years retired!

• sparky1
    sparky1

LongHairGal, I am glad that you never listened to the 'nonsense' spouted by arrogant and ignorant Witnesses in regards to financial matters. I semi-retired at 47 years old and still will qualify for social security at 85% of the MAXIMUM benefit when I turn 66 years old and I have a very decent investment portfolio. My ex-Pioneer partner came from a well to do and prominent Witness family. He has been an Elder since about 1980, pioneered off and on and served as a substitute Circuit Overseer. He and his wife subsist on a meager social security, have taken a foster child into their home for the money and just took out a mortgage on their home for money to live on. 'They reap what they sow' and 'they already have had their reward in full' in this life as far as I am concerned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit