Only jw's .....

by carla 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

Looking over the new elders manual-

"(14) Arranging for elders to visit or write a letter to addresses of households that have asked that no further visits be made.—See 23:21."

What is so hard for them to understand that someone is requesting to be a 'do not call'?

How does that conversation go?

Knock,knock- hello, we would like to give you yet another chance to accept jw-ism!

Householder- What the hell? I asked to be put on a do not call list!

jw-well, that request was made to one of our lowly peons and we are ELDERS! we need to hear it ourselves.

Householder- ok, I will tell you in no uncertain terms, stay off my property! now, what happens if some other higher up comes along and he wants to hear it from me too? do I need a restraining order? Perhaps my friends Smith & Wesson need to have a word with you? what does it take to have you leave me alone?

What a way to piss of the general public when they can't even respect a simple request to leave somebody alone.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

It's like they pretend they don't get what the person wants when they ask for that.

Householder: Don't visit me anymore.

JW: Okay, we'll right you letters, happy to oblige.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CARLA:

Yes, it does seem JWs don’t or won’t take No for an answer.

I have a theory that maybe they feel that somebody who requests a Do Not Call has a personal issue with the JWs that can be “overcome” if the “right” Witness 🙄 speaks to them or writes a flowery letter! They may feel that a passionate person is better than an indifferent person as far as a potential convert.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Desperation.

I remember the time when we would scoff at these kinds of households. We would feel pity that the Big A would burn them to a crisp. That they weren't rightly disposed for life.

Today, with so many people leaving, low attendances, congregations merging, pedophilia lawsuits, internet exposure, and national spotlight, they have no choice but to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Reap it you Warwick vermin. Your little kingdom is starting to cave in on itself.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Tbh most houses only get called on once a year in some territorys. So the yearly do not call is not missing anything

• Ding
    Ding

Instead of requesting Do Not Call status, just put up a sign that reads:

"Apostates inside. JWs welcome."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit