Was Adam "born" Circumsized ?

by RubaDub 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I guess we have to assume that Jesus was circumcised on the 8th day but what about Adam? He was "perfect", so did he have the weenie cut or not?

I would like to bring this question up at a "get-together".

Rub a Dub

• Mephis
    Mephis
    If man was made in God's image, doesn't that mean...
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

If man was made in God's image, doesn't that mean...

Mephis ....

Well, obviously Adam would have been very well hung.

Rub a Dub

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    I guess he didn't have an ombilical cord either.
  • David_Jay
    David_Jay

In Judaism, rabbinic custom states that Adam was created circumcised and that all the Jewish male saints had this privilege. However the view is not universal among Jews.

Catholicism does not have any comment on the matter, nor does it have much to say about human perfection as does the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses, almost to the point of irrelevance on the subject by comparison.

Due to circumcision not being a requisite to God's grace that justifies (declares righteous for life) for Gentile Christians, the discussion is somewhat absent from other Christian traditions too.

• millie210
    millie210

No he wasnt - and Eve didnt have pierced ears.

Similar analogy.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

It's great that Paul arrived on the scene. One group in Galatia was a big fan of circumcision, so

Paul fired off an angry letter in which he wrote in Galatians 5:12.."I could wish that those who

trouble you would even cut themselves off" !

Wow, Paul was saying to the circumcision fanatics they should excommunicate themselves from the

church and that is not all. He actually tell them to excommunicate their whole penis from the rest of

their body.

The greek word used here for "cut off" is pretty much never, ever used metaphorically. It always means

a literal, physical cutting of the bodily kind.

• prologos
    prologos
    He probably did not need a foreskin to prevent sunburn ( perfect sticking out of the shadow) with the water canopy absorbing all the ultraviolet spectrum. Eve probably appreciate the "events"with less sensitivity resulting in delaying, prolonging the climax though. The snake was right: she discovered good.
  • talesin
    talesin

Just for fun, I researched the 8th day myth, and could find no medical recognition of that little 'factoid' we JWS were brought up with.

I think Adam may have been created whole, but circumcised as punishment for following that brazen woman, Eve. It's all her fault. She was probably a - horror of horrors! - feminist. For that one mistake, the poor sot received the worst punishment g-d could think of - loss of sensitivity. Eve was, like all women, a temptress, and essentially, flawed.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    IIRC, circumcision is first mentioned in the passages about Abraham. Genesis chapter 17.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit